RAM 1500 AND JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ECODIESEL LAWSUIT FILED

FordCosworth

A Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel lawsuit has been filed in California alleging the EcoDiesel trucks and SUVs contain concealed emissions "defeat devices" to hide nitrogen oxide emissions levels 10 times above legal limits.

The proposed class-action lawsuit targets about 150,000 model year 2014-2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and 2014-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel vehicles that allegedly cost $4,700 more than normal because of "clean" emissions technology.

In addition to charges against Fiat Chrysler (FCA US), the EcoDiesel lawsuit claims parts manufacturer Bosch is in cahoots with Chrysler, in violation of the RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act.

Plaintiff Jose Chavez says he purchased a new 2016 Ram 1500  with an emissions defeat device that would cost him out-of-pocket money, future attempted repairs and a diminished resale value.

Believing the EcoDiesel was a "clean diesel" truck, the plaintiff claims Chrysler should have admitted the emissions controls intentionally manipulate nitrogen oxide emissions.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2016/ram-1500-jeep-grand-cherokee-ecodiesel-lawsuit.shtml

https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/ecodiesel-lawsuit-what-does-this-mean.166397/

Edited by FordCosworth

Okay... he alleges it... but based on what evidence?  Going uphill when towing the emissions are higher?   Newsflash, all engines emit more per mile when under load.

If the emissions per mile meet the EPA test, then that's that.

I'm just reporting it Drew.

FCA must have some concern though...

" We are not receiving any EcoDiesel 2017s apparently until this is sorted out. Another dealer can attest, but no EcoDiesels have arrived and there is a note in our internal system regarding this.  "

That is from an poster at Allpar who is an employee at for an FCA Dealership 

Edited by FordCosworth

Be interesting to see if CARB when testing these trucks / suvs finds this or not. If they do, it will seriously hurt FCA to the point this could be what causes them to bankrupt. Yet with that said, like Drew pointed out, all ICE put out more pollution under load and he has no evidence other than what he is saying as there seems to be nothing posted to imply actual proof.

This seems to make me think he read everything and says I have a diesel, I have Bosch emission parts, my auto must cheat so they must pay me.

Or he is an idiot that bought way more than he really needed in a truck / suv and is looking for a way to have the company buy him out leaving his decision failure on someone else. Seems to be more and more idiots these days that want to take no responsibility for their actions / choices.