Newbiewar

Dana Deasy Named CIO for GM North America

7 posts in this topic

Link To Article

Dana Deasy Named CIO for GM North America

DETROIT – Dana Deasy has been appointed chief information officer of GM North America, effective May 26.

Deasy joins GM from Tyco International Inc., where he was senior vice president and chief information officer. Before joining Tyco in 2003, he held senior positions with several leading companies, including vice president and CIO of the United States and the Americas for Siemens Corp., and CIO for GM’s former Electro-Motive Division. In addition, Deasy spent nearly 15 years with Rockwell Corp.

Deasy will be a member of the GMNA Strategy Board. He will report to chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner in his capacity as head of GMNA, and to Ralph Szygenda, GM group vice president and CIO.

“Dana’s success throughout his 25 years of experience in information technology makes him ideally suited to lead our North American IT operations,” Szygenda said.

Deasy received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California and an MBA from National University.

General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), the world’s largest automaker, has been the global industry sales leader for 75 years. Founded in 1908, GM today employs about 327,000 people around the world. With global headquarters in Detroit, GM manufactures its cars and trucks in 33 countries. More information on GM can be found at www.gm.com.

i dont know about any of you...

but i had a rockwell modem once for my original pentium computer...

and... my dad and i agreed that we should never purchase anything from that company again...

so does this guys resume look good to me... i dont think its the greatest... but... perhaps it wasnt his fault...

All this proves to me is he can't keep a good job for more than 6 months....

In addition, Deasy spent nearly 15 years with Rockwell Corp.

QUOTE(Josh @ May 25 2006, 11:13 AM)

All this proves to me is he can't keep a good job for more than 6 months....

In addition, Deasy spent nearly 15 years with Rockwell Corp.

thats my problem with the guy...

Very often IT people "cut their teeth" with one company and then bounce around to other companies thereafter. This happens for a number of reasons. It takes a great deal of time to learn the initial business while honing your IT skills at the same time. Once you've made the decision to jump ship, it takes less time to acclimate to a new environment. This said, no one at the CIO level can have any strategic impact on a company in less than five years.

thats my problem with the guy...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.