Rivian Interior and Exterior Stories

David

Today Rivian released the most detailed interior review to date. WOW, liking what I am seeing from the Panoramic roof and audio system to the little details. This is a huge step ahead from what Tesla has out and the EQS that comes out at the end of 2021 as a 2022 model.

The Inside Story by Rivian - Rivian Stories

Seating Details

image.png

A few weeks back, Rivian also posted a detailed review of their R1T exterior you can view here:

Sizing up the R1T by Rivian - Rivian Stories

Official Dimensions

image.png

• Thanks 1

I saw this info on one of the blogs (Autoblog maybe) a week or two ago when it was first released.  I had not noticed previously that there was already a configurator out but I was checking out the link you provided and low and behold, there it is. 

It looks like they kept many/most of the interior design elements that were shown in the earlier prototypes.  I get a kick out of the latest catch phrase of "vegan leather."  Back in the old days we just called it "pleather."  😀  Can also now confirm that the nice open pore wood trim is reserved for the up level trim which is to be expected, I guess.

They have a nice selection of exterior colors including a few bright ones.  It's good to see they didn't just stick with the white/silver/grey/black options.  There are also a half dozen different wheel options which is nice.  The Rivian wall charger seems like a bit of a disappointment at only 25 miles of range per hour.

Overall it seems like a very compelling package.  Will be interesting to see where their quality is at during launch and the first model year.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, 2QuickZ's said:

I saw this info on one of the blogs (Autoblog maybe) a week or two ago when it was first released.  I had not noticed previously that there was already a configurator out but I was checking out the link you provided and low and behold, there it is. 

It looks like they kept many/most of the interior design elements that were shown in the earlier prototypes.  I get a kick out of the latest catch phrase of "vegan leather."  Back in the old days we just called it "pleather."  😀  Can also now confirm that the nice open pore wood trim is reserved for the up level trim which is to be expected, I guess.

They have a nice selection of exterior colors including a few bright ones.  It's good to see they didn't just stick with the white/silver/grey/black options.  There are also a half dozen different wheel options which is nice.  The Rivian wall charger seems like a bit of a disappointment at only 25 miles of range per hour.

Overall it seems like a very compelling package.  Will be interesting to see where their quality is at during launch and the first model year.

Totally agree, I am still very impressed with the Rivian product line, the only thing is their wall charger, but there are far better 3rd party options out there and I would probably even consider doing a business install so I can get a DC charger installed, but a few companies put out a decent 80AMP Level 2 chargers that also do the job well.

Will be adding a dual plug charger to the garage when I kick off the remodel.

• Agree 1