I found a 67 or 68 Eldorado!!!!!

I found a 67 or 68 Eldorado, gold in colour, east of my town and I really want it. It is in need of desperate restoration but the body and paint and still alright. I felt sorry for it because it is buried in a snowbank made by a snow plow in a lot with 2 or 3 Corvettes, 86 and 87 Corvettes. It is right beside a shop and I need to know whether parts for these are hard to come by. I know parts cars probably are. Also, are these reliable enough to make the trip to Woodward. I will update next time I find out some info.

Ways to tell the year for sure:

-Top of the nose at the base of the windshield: '67 has five chrome vents and exposed windshield wipers, '68 has just a solid body color piece here and hidden wipers.

-Front fenders: '67 has a filler piece, '68 has big turn signals in the front fenders where the filler piece should go.

-Front bumper: because of the aforementioned filler piece, a '67 will have turn signals in the front bumper whereas a '68 will have a smooth front bumper.

-Sideview mirrors: '67 was the last year for round sideviews on a Cadillac, '68 began the use of the square mirrors with the Cadillac script that continued until the early 90's.

-Rear quarter panels: '67 has solid rear quarters, '68 has a round sidemarker light in the side with a Cadillac crest over it.

-Powerplant: '67 is the last year for the 429, '68 will have a 472.

Posted Image

This picture of my '67 will help you to identify any of these differences. And yes, those ARE 1968-1970 turn signals in the front fenders, but I want to make it clear that they are there out of a matter of personal preference and what SHOULD be there is a body color filler piece (which I also have). I opted to add the turn signals because I think the fillers make the car look unfinished. Do yourself a favor and check the A-pillars of the car for rot as that is one of the first areas to go on these cars and is VERY expensive and time-consuming to fix. I hope all goes well and I hope you're able to end up with it; it'd be nice to be able to bounce things off of another owner during our restorations. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Edited by XP715

I will get pictures as soon as I head out that way. It is about 20 minutes but our Ford dealer screwed over my dad and now he needs to get a new interior door handle for our Expedition. The dealer tried to blame it on us but it wasn't like that before we brought it in to get the Door Ajar fixed. Now it will be $300 or so. Also, I have yet to get a first car. My college plans have changed so now I need a vehicle that will do the 120 km commute daily (that is there and back). I may buy a lower mileage J-body when they get cheaper. I may also wait until the end of the year to buy my grandparents' Lumina. It is a 99 Lumina LS with the 3.1 and it has 135,000 kms. They haven't had any problems and they have always serviced it. They just feel like getting a newer car because it will be 8 years old. They are either going to buy an 07 or 08 Impala or the NG Malibu.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to check it out but it is on private property being stored for someone. However, I stopped at the garage and they said the guy may be wanting to sell it later in the spring. I couldn't get pictures because of an agreement with the owner but he said to look out for it in May. That idea may be scrapped then but I changed my mind for the Dakota. Sorry but I will get pictures when I can anyways.