66 members have voted

1. 1. What type of C&G poster are you?

• Both GM enthusiast and owner
    • GM enthusiast, ex-GM owner
    • GM enthusiast, but never GM owner
    • GM owner, but not a GM enthusiast
    • Aspire to own or get into hobby of GMs, which I never have before
    • Neither enthusiast nor owner of GM, and don't care to be

basicly and it was odd i sat in one just somthing you couldnt put your finger on.

[post="19298"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe that it had the aura of a Crown Vic LX Sport with buckets and three extra gauges than the real muscle car they wanted it to be.

As far as Fieros go, alot finer cars failed for alot less. Blowing up is pretty serious and downright kills the sales potential for any car branded with the scarlet E for Explodes - ask Audi and Ford.

the other a guy  i worked with died 2 years back in a acciedent the front end caved in and sent framing in the front through him it was a acciendent at less than 40 mph the final report was that the car was no properly braced for impact by manufactor.

[post="19276"][/post]

An impact at 40mph is a pretty serious speed. People traveling at 40mph slam on their brakes, lock them up and drive head on inot a stationary object hitting it at 25/30 mph and get killed every day. Try enduro racing and rear end a standing car at 20mph and you will understand how bad 40 can be.

Here's what 40mph (or 35 in a few of these cases) does to vehicles from the late 1990s & ealry 2000s:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heres' a brand new Lexus GS:

Posted Image

Heres' some 80s cars for comparison:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Head on at 58kpm (just about 40) between a VW eurovan and Volvo:

Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther

yes i no misshaps happen just its weird three poeple same model. i didnt realize how bad a 35-40 mph crash was thanks. Tell me about spining i drove my brothers camaro and my caprice to this garage in that huge storm we had in detroit in the beging of january i think i did more spins than any one. DAMN YOU BLACK ICE!!! a somtimes its fun when your in the mood for fun driveing. another Scarlet E car Dodge rampage. the fuel lines ran between the passengers so in severe impact the crash wont kill you the fire might. saw it on the news the other day. thats prollay it fly it was just not the style that fit with that car.

Thanks to NOS and Sixty8 for helping avoid BV's anger issues. :lol: :P

Anyways... yeah. The 84 was the one and only year there were issues with fires. It was recalled in 87, I think. And unless it was a car that the original owner never went it to get it fixed, it wouldn't have happened. And as Sixty8 showed, 40 mph is pretty serious. The Fiero got a 5 star rating in the crash tests. Some cars today, can't even achieve that.

Also, while you can bring up instances of when people were killed, I can tell stories of when Fieros saved lives.

What really angers me, though, is that people still have the idea that Fieros are death traps. Sometimes I just want to slap the hell out of them until they get it. My parents are two of them. This prevented me from getting one... So I get especially angry. I had the money in my hand, too, damnit. Now I'm stuck with a Grand Am that isn't nearly as safe and doesn't handle nearly as well. I love it... but it doesn't satisfy me.

But back to handling... Nos said it well. No RWD car handles well in the snow unless you weight in the back (or the front in the Fiero's case). But on dry pavement, the 88 Formula and GT would handle excellently due to the $30 million or so invested in new suspension componants and it's excellent weight distribution of being mid-engined.

BTW, if you want to correct other issues you may have with the Fiero, visit the Fiero links in my Sig.

BV, your "friendly" Fiero fanatic. :D