Sign in to follow this  
Northstar

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 numbers from MT

The Nov. MT has the Viper SRT-10 in it (full test). I didn't read much of it as I don't really have time right now, but here's the performance numbers: 0-60: 4.2s 1/4 Mile: 12.2s @ 118.0 mph 600-foot slalom: 69.5 mph (avg) Lateral acceleration: .94g MT figure 8: 24.6s @ .79g (avg) I can't find the numbers for the Z06 test from MT, but I believe it was 0-60 in 3.5s and 1/4 mile in 11.7 @ 125 mph. If anyone could find the other stuff (I can't find my issue) it'd be appreciated.

And now to contridict that, here are number from both vehicles from the October R&T:

"In terms of raw acceleration, the Z06 is world-class quick, though not quite a match for its cross-town Mopar rival, the Dodge Viper SRT-10. Our vBox test gear clocked a 4.2 second 0-60 run, nearly reaching this speed in 1st gear, where the Dodge sprints there in 4.0; likewise, the Z06 dispatches the quarter-mile in 12.3 sec. at 116.6 mph, while its V-10-powered adversary cranks out a 12.1 at 119.3.
The Viper feels quicker too in a roll-on situation, its extra 1.3 liters of displacement practically punting you forward, versus the still-forcefull but more linear surge of the Z06."

This is not very impresive at all now that we have a 505HP Z06.