Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Really cool commercial

Nick

So, I saw this commercial last night...BMW 3er commercial. I thought it was really well done, especially the very end which made me smile a lot. The last segment of the video shows Bimmerfest, the definitive, annual BMW gathering in the nation. It happens every year in Santa Barbara, California at the Earl Warren Showgrounds. This year it happened May 5th (Drinko de Mayo! Yeah baby!) and it was a great turnout. The first shot is of the E21 3er's with their hoods popped. One of my buddy's on another forum named Matt has the red one, and he couldn't believe it...Pretty awesome. My car is somewhere in the second shot...it is a very large venue with a huge turnout...It isn't possible to cover the entire are with one photo...but my car is somewhere in there. It's just cool because I was there and I look forward to this event every year...it is generally the highlight of my year; many fond memories, and I'm happy to see BMW preserving those memories for years to come.

It really brings a smile to my face, dare I say, almost a tear to my eye...figured you guys might like the video as well.

Edited by Nick

It really brings a smile to my face, dare I say, almost a tear to my eye...figured you guys might like the video as well.

Having your car gathering featured in a manufacturer's commercial is pretty awesome. I have not so fond memories of an old late 80's 318i that my friend could never get running quite right; and I almost bought a BMW for myself but ended up in my Acura (the lot I purchased it from I was only visiting to look at a black 325i which they sold).

brings a tear to my eye... well ok it doesn't actually but it's a great car ad.