General Motors Europe 3Q Sales Up 14.6%

General Motors Europe 3Q Sales Up 14.6%

October 08, 2007: 04:16 AM EST

Edited Press Release

ZURICH -(Dow Jones)- General Motors Corp's (GM) General Motors Europe third quarter sales rose 14.6%, the company said Monday.

The resulting market share of 9.5% constitutes a growth of 0.3 points. It is the highest market share for the group since 1999.

In September, GM Europe sold a record 205,497 cars and LCVs, a plus of 20,950 vehicles or 11.4%.

Opel/Vauxhall Astra brand was Europe's best-selling car in September with 49, 268 cars registered, the company said Monday.

Together with the new Corsa, that sold 347,800 cars this year, an increase of 52%, and segment-leaders Meriva and Zafira, Opel/Vauxhall's best sellers led to a strong sales increase of 12% for the brand in the third quarter and 4% for the first nine months of the year.

Opel almost tripled its sales in Russia in the third quarter and successfully grew sales in Southern Europe as well as in the South Eastern Europe markets.

Vauxhall sold 306,078 cars and LCVs in the first three quarters this year, an increase of 8.8%, leading to a market share of 13.7%.

In September, Vauxhall achieved second place in the market and a sales growth of 13.1%. Vectra and Zafira were the best selling cars in their respective segments, Astra was first in fleet sales.

In the first three quarters of 2007, General Motors (GM) Europe sold a record 1,652,082 vehicles, up 123,725 units or 8.1% from the same period last year. The resulting market share of 9.5% constitutes a growth of 0.3 points. It is the highest market share for the group since 1999. In Sep., GM Europe sold a record 205,497 cars and LCVs, a plus of 20,950 vehicles or 11.4%.

GM Russia sales in the first nine months almost doubled from last year, +98%, with Chevrolet contributing 61% and Opel 37%. GM's market share in Russia grew by an outstanding 3.2 points, to 9.34%. This is the highest market share increase of any manufacturer group in any of the world's fastest-growing markets.

The U.K., Italy and Greece were the main contributors to GM's growth in Western Europe.

With 112,800 cars sold in the third quarter of this year, constituting a growth of 28%, Chevrolet reached a record market share of 2.05%, an improvement of 0.3 points

Saab sold 64,580 cars in the first three quarters of this year. While experiencing a slight decrease in sales overall, the brand is growing in Southern Europe as well as in Central and Eastern Europe.

Cadillac sales of 3,390 for the calendar year in Europe grew by 30.7%, with strong growth in Russia, Austria, Denmark, Spain and Italy. Corvette sold 1,034 cars and Hummer sales increased by 11.5% to 1,520 vehicles.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

10-08-07 0416ET

Copyright © 2007 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

Assumptions my lord. A bear will have hairy A$$ won't it?

I'm not as hairy as a Grizzly bear, at least I don't think so. But I'm glad I'm hairy, my 1st week in Europe the temperature was 52 degrees and raining that's 12 degrees for you people in Australia. When I left Delaware it was in the high 80's. What a change in one day.

I'm glad GM Europe is doing so well, I look forward to some good things coming from GM Europe in the future. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I'm not as hairy as a Grizzly bear, at least I don't think so. But I'm glad I'm hairy, my 1st week in Europe the temperature was 52 degrees and raining that's 12 degrees for you people in Australia. When I left Delaware it was in the high 80's. What a change in one day.

I'm glad GM Europe is doing so well, I look forward to some good things coming from GM Europe in the future. :AH-HA_wink:

hrmm... u changed ur picture on the side... :hissyfit:

yea, i hope GM continues to expand in all areas... but i hope it will put quality style and profit ahead of a stupid sales title

P-C-S you are one lucky (unlucky?) guy to have a wife who is loved by all.

Well thanks, but I don't think she is loved by all. For instance our gay friends, I think would have another opinion, but my motto is live and let live. :AH-HA_wink:

Here is her real life pic, in case you forgot what she really looks like, which is not in a reverse negative like my avatar.

Posted Image

Well thanks, but I don't think she is loved by all. For instance our gay friends, I think would have another opinion, but my motto is live and let live. :AH-HA_wink:

Here is her real life pic, in case you forgot what she really looks like, which is not in a reverse negative like my avatar.

Posted Image

man she looks familar... has she ever been to Los Angeles, Denmark or Germany?... if she has, i'm sorry :AH-HA_wink:

man she looks familar... has she ever been to Los Angeles, Denmark or Germany?... if she has, i'm sorry :AH-HA_wink:

Well as much as I would like to say yes, so you can relive your fantasy, she has only been to NY, CT, RI, PA, NJ, DE, MD MA, NH, ME, and TX. She is Irish and grew up on Long Island, NY. She is finding this posting to Europe a little stressful, she is homesick and doesn't speak any language but English. Being posted in Zurich there is more english spoken here, but a few hours drive, we can be in Germany, France or Italy and the English comprehension dwindles when not in a major city.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

:hot: Watch out when crossing the road PCS :AH-HA_wink: