Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wildcat

San Francisco Chronicle: On the Record: Interview with GM Chairman, CEO

2 posts in this topic

On February 17, 2008, the San Francisco Chronicle printed an interview with GM's Chairman and CEO, Rick Wagoner. There are a number of interesting questions, such as a query about his job performance:

"Q: When you became CEO, you had four main goals. One was to develop a sense of urgency for GM. The second was to become innovative. Thirdly, stretch beyond your limits or imagined limits and act as a single company. Do you feel you are delivering on that?

A: I would say those are running pretty well. Basically, the last one talks about the fact that we tended to run our business as a U.S. business, Europe business, etc. To be competitive, and to take advantage of the best expertise, we really needed to integrate and run our product development capabilities globally. Now, Bob Lutz runs all product development all around the world for GM. I think the kind of one-company idea has moved along well.

The new UAW contract is a good example of stretch thinking and so are advances in technology and innovation. I feel like we are on a good path right now."

To read the entire piece, click here.

Edited by wildcat

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0