Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stillen

05 CTS sports package

2 posts in this topic

I am thinking of buying a used 05 Cadillac CTS with Lux & Sports package what is the difference in the ride and handling with it compared to base model I have driven several of the base models but none with Sports package.

I want it sporty but to still ride good.

stillen

Edited by stillen

I have an '05 CTS with the sport suspension. I test drove cars with both suspensions. The base model is bouncy over rough pavement and the steering is more numb. The sport suspension feels glued down to the road, has a slightly firmer ride, and the steering is more weighted, sharper and more precise. The 17" wheels also look much nicer than the tiny and cheap-looking 16" ones. I didn't think the base model was worth buying. You also get StabiliTrak with the sport package, which has saved me from the ditch or hitting other cars more than once. I think it was irresponsible of GM to not provide stability control as a standard feature on a powerful RWD car like the CTS. Unless your roads are incredibly beat up or you're a grandpa who values comfort over handling, you should get the sport suspension.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0