next Cobalt?

Yes it is. It should be Pontiac and Cadillac only. Who will buy a Buick Alpha? If GM keeps going down the path their going I'll be buying an Audi or a BMW.

I totally agree. GM needs to seriously eliminate the practice of spinning off a version of a platform for every division. This is one major reason why the divisions have lost their brand identities in the first place. I know I'm going to get blasted again for making this comment, but here goes nothing: except for the Chevrolet Camaro, only Pontiac and Cadillac should be assigned Kappa (which I understand will possibly be a modified Alpha for the next generation?), Alpha, and Zeta (or possibly SigZeta in the future?) products. Pontiac should offer RWD cars for the affordable performance segment and Cadillac should offer RWD cars to cater to the luxury segment. Neither division should carry FWD products (no Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Theta, or Lambda based products).

Saturn and Buick should only carry FWD products. Saturn's product portfolio should consist of FWD, midmarket, Eurocentric cars and MPVs. Buick's product portfolio should consist of FWD luxury cars and crossovers.

Except for the Camaro and Corvette, Chevrolet's car lineup should be FWD and be positioned to appeal to the mainstream portion of the market. I don't have a problem with a FWD Chevrolet flagship sedan, as long as it has a size advantage over the midsize Malibu and has styling/features that would properly differentiate it from its midsize sibling. Buick should get a luxury version of this large front wheel drive flagship sedan with unique and properly upscale exterior/interior styling and luxury features. Saturn, in keeping with its Eurocentric image, should not have a large sedan. The midsize, Insignia based, next generation Aura should be Saturn's flagship sedan.

I also think GM should sell Saab, transfer Buick to join Cadillac/Hummer in the luxury network, and combine Saturn with Pontiac/GMC in the midmarket network. I doubt this would ever happen, but it would give GM a 3 tier dealer configuration that could be focused and refined to better target specific segments of the market.