Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cory Wolfe

History of Corvette Development

5 posts in this topic

Corvette Timeline

This is a cool webpage. Back before I joined C&G, I would frequently visit this site to get the latest on C6 Corvette info. It inevitably lead me here. Now that all of the C6 is out, it is a great referrence of past concepts, prototypes, spy shots, and renderings; mostly of the C6. C7 speculation had started, as well as some Blue Devil talk, but its been a long time since I last visited it and it seems that it hasn't changed much.

Anyways, it's interesting to look back at the speculation. Check it out.

Ahhh... memories. :P

I was just a kid with a newly acquired driver's license when these were first printed. How long did you guys squint and stare at this 1"x2" photo?

Posted Image

And later the real McCoy.

Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther

I think everyone was anxious for that car to came out because 14 years of C3 is way, way, way enough.

The C5 Corvette managed to stun everyojne when it came out. Even an optimistic wide eyed but naive kid like myself was not dissapointed at the '97 Vette. Such optimistic years. I was still trying to justify how the hell the freekin Lumina could possibly be the premium sedan form Chevy... a new Caprice Classic HAD to be just around the corner, right? In the mean time our beloved F-bodys were alive and well.... I had that Trans Am WS6 ad on my bedroom wall that said "Visceral Reality". I was going to own one someday..... still willl, but it'll probably be an LS1 versus an LT1.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0