Discover the New Opel Insignia

I checked it out already. I think the website represents what GM could do with this product and brand in the U.S. to appeal to import shoppers. The Saturn experiment needs to be concluded when the current generation of products reach the end of their model cycle. I would delay the launching of the Insignia and Opel in the U.S. until the next gen Astra is ready to be introduced to the market. I would then launch Opel with the simultaneous introduction of the Insignia (sedan and wagon, and maybe the 5-door too) and the next gen Astra (3-door, 5-door, sedan, and maybe the wagon and "TwinTop" coupe too) in the U.S. Other products could be added later when the next gen models are ready. I would even consider combining Saab with Opel in the U.S. to reinforce the import identity of the brand in the U.S.

I know this is all a pipe dream since GM announced that we will get a next gen Aura that will be significantly altered from the Insignia (which, to me, means that it will be decontented and diluted to continue the role of the current gen Aura). While the current Aura is a nice car (and one of the better looking mainstream midsize sedan offerings), it doesn't really attract any new shoppers to GM. It essentially provides in house competition to the Malibu in the affordable mainstream midsize sedan segment. GM could accomplish so much more with Opel and the Insignia than it does with Saturn (which is still perceived as an affordable brand by the buying public) and the Aura.