Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Leather Wheel?

My G5 came with the standard non-leather wrapped wheel (Cruise Control but no audio controls). I've been thinking about treating myself to a leather wrapped one and wondering what the feasibility would be.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Chevy-Cobalt-Black-Leat...id=p3286.c0.m14

^^^ I found this Ebay listing that has a leather wheel for the Cobalt/G5 but it's got the stereo controls on it. If I bought that part and had it interchanged with the one I got now would it be easy to wire up the radio buttons to work (ie is it a simple difference from the current factory hookup to as it would be with the Radio buttons installed from the factory)?

• 3 weeks later...

More likely than not you've probably got a higher-end radio on the vehicle with steering wheel mounted audio controls. But if not, you could already have the pigtails for the audio control hook-ups already in the column secured off, but ready and able to be used. First thing I'd do would be to get a wiring diagram for your ride and see what wires could possibly be there, then I'd crack the column shield apart and see what's actually in there. If you don't have the necessary hookups, I'd then go about trying to find what you need in order to install them (since you'll have to have them in order for the wheel to more or less operate properly). At least that's what I'd do, now you could always just buy the wheel and hope for the best.