Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

GMC Diesel Engines

What diesel engine would have been available in 1984 for the GMC Sierra line? I'm assuming there was a diesel available for teh half-ton pickups.

The reason I'm asking is that I found an '84 GMC Sierra, 4x4, 8ft stepside bed, with a diesel engine for sale and would like to know if this is something I should stay away from.

Here's a tiny pic from the Internet ad:

3n63k23lf1f51gd13c8cub7010356f6a8187d.jp

TIA for your advise!!

Thanks for the reply and info WMJ!! I e-mailed the seller for more pictures, but a google search of his phone number retunred the town he lives in or around - which is VERY close to me. I think it warrants me calling him tomorrow and going to see it real soon. I just have no mechanical or body skills, so any work it needs will take some time as I raise cash. I like the colors, plus the rarity of this truck. Being that it will be 25 years old this year, I can register it in NJ as "classic" and it cuts down on registration and insurance costs.

As for XP:

jedi-mind-trick.jpg

(Jedi mind trick)

XP, you do not see this truck, nor will you remember seeing this post.

:P:lol: