Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Some of the cars my dad used to drive...

BENTLEY

Jaguar XKE (red leather interior)

1931 Model A Ford

He had the Ford in high school and up until a few years ago. I always loved riding in the rumble seat, but it was prone to breakdowns. It has a feature installed that took advantage of the air intake system and by manipulating a little knob or lever, he could make it do a wolf whistle, or the regular kind (backwards wolf whistle).

The Jag he had when he was in his mid 20s. He is a painter and traded one of his abstracts for that car. He was very popular with the ladies, or so he says, but with that car I believe it.

The Bently I think he bought for about $15k, which even in the 70s was really cheap. It had that wooden interior that that website shows.

If I could choose, I'd go with the Model A. I always loved it so much and grew up having it around all the time. I wish I had it now. He sold it to a collector who restored it beautifully and even went through the pains of finding the original paint color, which is called "Cigarette Creame"

I remember your father driving an Odyssey akin to this one...

Posted Image

:P

lol yeah he had exactly that one. He had several vans. A couple he air brushed himself, and then an old grey thing that he carpeted completely on the inside. It was used for hauling around a hot air balloon and had a big black X taped on the top with duct tape.

He had one of those awful Aerostars too. I hated that one.

He just went to Texas and bought a camper to put in the back of their new truck. (A Ford. bleck)