The Fall Of The Electric Car... And The Rise Of The NGV

G. David Felt

Staff Writer Alternative Energy - CheersandGears.com

November 6th, 2012

There are multiple reasons for why American needs a true step to the next generation of fuel for the transportation industry and this article does a fair job of reviewing Electric, Hybrid and NGV or CNG auto's.

Read the full story here:

http://seekingalpha....ember_182477519

It is an interesting comparison piece that does mention the Volt out of context with it's proper place in Auto History but still a worthwhile read.

Sounds Off on what your thoughts are on this?

View full article

I think it is way too early to make any predictions either way.

Excluding those auto makers who have taken on building auto batteries for their Hybrids/EV only cars. Do you think this is just normal change out due to world economy issues that we are seeing or does the death of the A123 and other battery companies might not indicate that the EV in round two still might be a true niche vehicle and ahead of it's time?

Excluding those auto makers who have taken on building auto batteries for their Hybrids/EV only cars. Do you think this is just normal change out due to world economy issues that we are seeing or does the death of the A123 and other battery companies might not indicate that the EV in round two still might be a true niche vehicle and ahead of it's time?

I don't think correlation is causation. The only thing A123's bankruptcy tells me is they failed as a company. It tells me nothing about the viability of the technology as a whole. The supplier who built the faulty Toyota gas pedals, CTS, filed for bankruptcy also... that doesn't mean that gas pedal technology is a failure.

I don't think correlation is causation. The only thing A123's bankruptcy tells me is they failed as a company. It tells me nothing about the viability of the technology as a whole. The supplier who built the faulty Toyota gas pedals, CTS, filed for bankruptcy also... that doesn't mean that gas pedal technology is a failure.

True in regards to the gas pedal. :P Thanks for the chuckle as I needed one this morning. I do have to wonder though if this does not speak of how fast things moved in comparison to where the technology really is at and the big world wide use. Half a million cars globally over 4 years and the lack of infrastructure tends to make me still think it is way to early on top of the lack of standards for charging and how fast charge does shorten battery life.

It would be the greatest thing if tomorrow everybody decided to leave electricity to golf carts. Srsly.

LOL, This reminds me of the movie The Last Chase 1981. The cop cars were all electric, people could not go on road trips any longer and you were forced by the totalitarian central government to only live the dictated way. Race to Freedom California for free driving. :P

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082642/maindetails

In a future United States, the only transport available to an individual is public transportation. Predicated on an assertion that "the oil has run out", an increasingly totalitarian central government has ordered all personal vehicles be impounded by law. One man, a former race car driver, yearns again for his ability to choose his own roads and destiny. He reassembles his race car hidden from confiscation, and sets out for "Free California" which has broken away from the new regime, aided by a young technically savvy teen who feels alienated from this "social" society. Agents of the new government must stop this man at any cost to destroy the symbology he represents, and the instability that such a desire for personal autonomy could mean to the society. An old Korean War veteran and his F-86 Sabre jet are called into service to chase down this dangerous man... Written by AGC

• Agree 1