2008 GMC Yukon 4WD 4dr 1500 SLT, 90k miles, $24k

So the wife and I were talking the other day about larger, family-oriented vehicles, and she asked why I never looked for a Yukon when I was shopping in March '10 (when I bought the '06 Envoy). A quick check of my GMC dealer's site finds me this: a 2008 GMC Yukon SLT 4WD nicely loaded but with 90k miles selling for $24k:

http://www.burnsbuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/used-2008-GMC-Yukon-4WD_4dr_1500_SLT_w%2F4SA-Marlton-NJ/1859871383

6078320339.jpg

6078320957.jpg

Would that many miles scare anyone away from purchasing this SUV? I'd have to go and see the truck in person to make sure the rest of the condition was good, but with that kind of mileage should I look elsewhere?

What started this conversation was the sighting of this 2006 GMC Sierra Denali for sale at a nearby Chevy dealership that I looked at last weekend:

10645_p8_f.jpg

http://www.classiccarschevrolet.com/2006-gmc-sierra-denali--c-10645.htm

It has 74k miles and is selling for $19,500. A search on Craigslist for other 2006 Sierra Denali's found this one at a Woodbridge, NJ GMC dealership:

6089892375.jpg

http://www.autobymiller.com/VehicleDetails/used-2006-GMC-Sierra_Denali-AWD_Crew_Cab_Short_Box-Woodbridge-NJ/1857251593

That one is selling for $23k but has 46k miles and an the all important feature for the kids - the DVD player. Black is not my favorite color, but it is a sharp looking truck.

So the wife and I were talking the other day about larger, family-oriented vehicles, and she asked why I never looked for a Yukon when I was shopping in March '10 (when I bought the '06 Envoy). A quick check of my GMC dealer's site finds me this: a 2008 GMC Yukon SLT 4WD nicely loaded but with 90k miles selling for $24k:

http://www.burnsbuic...n-NJ/1859871383

6078320339.jpg

6078320957.jpg

Would that many miles scare anyone away from purchasing this SUV? I'd have to go and see the truck in person to make sure the rest of the condition was good, but with that kind of mileage should I look elsewhere?

Not at all, This rig is good for 500K miles or more if the maintenance is done. Good Solid price for what looks like a very clean nice SUV.

What started this conversation was the sighting of this 2006 GMC Sierra Denali for sale at a nearby Chevy dealership that I looked at last weekend:

10645_p8_f.jpg

http://www.classicca...li--c-10645.htm

It has 74k miles and is selling for $19,500. A search on Craigslist for other 2006 Sierra Denali's found this one at a Woodbridge, NJ GMC dealership:

6089892375.jpg

http://www.autobymil...e-NJ/1857251593

That one is selling for $23k but has 46k miles and an the all important feature for the kids - the DVD player. Black is not my favorite color, but it is a sharp looking truck.

Both are great rigs, I do love the feature list of the black truck. Only thing I have seen on the 2006 and up trucks and suv's is that the speedo is electric, no real cable to the tranny and it is worth the time to do a good road test and see if it bounces. This usually indicates that the instrument cluster is ready for a rebuild. If everything seems to work fine and solid, I see no problem with either the Yukon or the black truck. Both are nice choices.

Have you looked to see if you have a Hybrid Yukon or Tahoe as they are fully loaded including nav and the dvd entertainment systems and they get 22 miles per gallon. Awesome choice for a family SUV.

Thanks for the input, dfelt :)

You know, this is my automotive ADD kicking in. The Envoy is approaching 32 months of ownership (March '10 - November '12); previously, I was on a 30 month rotation with my 36 month leases, so I'd already be in something "new" at this time if the leasing programs didn't go away in 2009. Unlike others who are fortunate enough to be able to buy new, at this point in time financially I have to look at pre-owned (it is expected that after 2014 our financial debt load will be gone, so if I could hold out 2015 could be the year for a new purchase again).

I think I'm going to forget about the '08 Yukon, as nice as it appears, and same with the white '06 Sierra Denali. For the time being, I'll still ponder the black '06 Sierra Denali ;)

Of course come December 13th when the new 2014 full-size GM pickups are shown could help do the trick of being more patient.

Thanks for the input, dfelt :)

You know, this is my automotive ADD kicking in. The Envoy is approaching 32 months of ownership (March '10 - November '12); previously, I was on a 30 month rotation with my 36 month leases, so I'd already be in something "new" at this time if the leasing programs didn't go away in 2009. Unlike others who are fortunate enough to be able to buy new, at this point in time financially I have to look at pre-owned (it is expected that after 2014 our financial debt load will be gone, so if I could hold out 2015 could be the year for a new purchase again).

I think I'm going to forget about the '08 Yukon, as nice as it appears, and same with the white '06 Sierra Denali. For the time being, I'll still ponder the black '06 Sierra Denali ;)

Of course come December 13th when the new 2014 full-size GM pickups are shown could help do the trick of being more patient.

Very true, While New is nice, I will say when I bought my 2008 Trailblazer SS with only 24K on the odometer. I was wise to buy the $1800 GM 3yr/36month bumper to bumper as it has paid for itself and now I just have to have some surface scratches touched up professionally, but I figure by next spring it will look brand new. So a solid used car with the GM warranty can be a very grand way to go to get more than you could normally afford new.

Either way, good luck and I will be watching for the new baby to hit the threads once you have it. :P