1979 Chevrolet Cheyenne

Looks solid over all for the age of being a project truck. I would just replace the front passenger fender since it has such a large rust spot.

I emailed the seller for additional pictures, which I got today. He also included the new pictures in the Craigslist ad. Seems there's more rust than the original pictures show. Defintiely a candidate for a restoration project. I'm disappointed in that he could not locate the RPO label in the glovebox - was this label placed somewhere else in this generation? If the RPO label is missing then I'm losing my interest.

On another note, I'd really like a '73 or '74 model (I'd be happy with any year '73-'79 though). I also found this '74 yesterday too, but note sure it's good candidate for a project: http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3721097728.html Seller claims it's a parts truck, so not sure if it would be a good idea to try to restore it.

I also like this '77 Silverado - http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3692304218.html - too bad it's price is way out of my range.

Sadly, no GMCs of this vintage for sale around me on CL.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Yeah, you can see in the pictures that this truck suffers from rust in many areas. Not interested anymore.

Now CL has provided me with something else I am interested in ;) I'm hoping to go see it today, if not tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it. Extremely close to where I live, and it's something I've wanted plus the price is almost right. So I'll post back about it if it works out.

Good luck, Roger!

Any one of those look like good candidates for you.....

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I want to see the world before I die" __ Dan Seals __ 'Big Wheels In The Moonlight'

Well, time was not my friend and I lost out on what I wanted to go see on Sunday. It was a 1986 GMC Sierra Classic K-1500 Shortbed, project truck but all there for $1,000. If I didn't have plans with the family I would have gone on Saturday to see and maybe purchase it. As it was, notified by text early Sunday morning that it had sold the day before.

Here's the CL ad, which is now deleted:

post-418-0-62825700-1366051406_thumb.jpg