Some variety, including spring debuts & old pics

Have your summer vehicle(s) made their spring 2015 debut…?

…Slowly but surely I’ve seen classics on the roads again! Always fun to spy ‘em….

Anyone else love old family photographs, particularly when vehicles are involved!?

More CC goodness: someday hope to add an early-mid 1970s MC to my 1979 & 1989 CC family….

Dodge power & 2 other variants for Wagon Wednesday:

Never quite understood why the Mustang & MC are pitted against each other; they aren’t exactly in the same car class….  But, saw quite a few comparisons & competitions between the 2 nameplates when I was on MC-related boards & groups….

…Back then, I hosted a few events between 2008 & 2012, including these 3:

1st “Midsummer Chitown Gathering”, 07/26/2008 … ~65 people (from Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin & the Cleveland OH area) attended:

3rd (final) “Midsummer Chitown Gathering”, 07/24/2010 … only a fraction of the people (with farthest from Auburn IL)….

I hosted 1 cruise night in 2012:

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"You can always go home but you can never go back" __ John & Audrey Wiggins __ 'Has Anybody Seen Amy?'

Got to say, you keep busy.  I got something to add, when I track it down, for you.  It is the old The Gnome-Mobile used in the Disney movie. My dad painted it, a couple years after they made the movie. Right before, it went into a museum, which I thought it had gone on to Detroit to the Henry Ford Museum, but just read an article it is a hop skip and a jump away from where I will be this summer, at the Hickory Corners, Gilmore Musuem.  So yeah, got a picture of me and my sisters standing in front of it, as kids, somewhere.

We thought, it was pretty cool, when the movie came to town later.  Went to see it with some neighborhood kids, waited in the theater to watch the credits roll at the end looking our dad's name to be credited for painting it!  Ha ha, foolish of us.  Not only would this not be in the credits, but like I said, he had painted it after the movie made.  Oh well, we all still screamed out, and painted by OUR DAD!

6793668558_aae70796e8_o.jpg

Got to say, you keep busy. 

Ha ... I do try. ;)

As for The Gnome-Mobile ... sweet!  Any chance you'd be willing to let me feature it on my website?  When will you be in MI this summer ... road tripping or flying into MI?

"He's off on a midwest run" __ Alabama __ 'Roll On'

Got to say, you keep busy. 

Ha ... I do try. ;)

As for The Gnome-Mobile ... sweet!  Any chance you'd be willing to let me feature it on my website?  When will you be in MI this summer ... road tripping or flying into MI?

"He's off on a midwest run" __ Alabama __ 'Roll On'

Oh sure, I will snap some pictures at the Gilmore car museum and share.  You can do what you want with them. If your lucky, it will be my daughter who takes the photo's, she has a better eye and talent in this area.  Maybe even get some film shots in, they always look better.  The above picture was just in the public domain. At least , I think it was when i searched for it under usage rights.  I am gonna look for that old picture of the Gnome-Mobile, hope to find it!  Sure I will eventually.

Anyways, kids and I spending the summer up in Michigan helping out my parents and catching up with friends and other relatives.  Taking our cats, gonna be one heck of a road trip all right.  But done it many times before.  My husband was just afraid we were gonna ask to use his car cause its bigger!  He is not so keen on taking down some of those old country dirt roads!  Plus when he sees all the new dents and bang ups the kids did on the G6, he gonna have a minor break down.

Cool beans ... looking forward to seeing the pics!  & thanks ... will enjoy featuring them on my website!

Sounds like a great way to spend the summer to me ... hope y'all have a good time.  Love those country dirt roads. ;)

"Every song, another scene" __ Dierks Bently __ 'Every Mile A Memory'
  • Agree 1