Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Softball anyone?

It was weird NOT going to radio station WRMN this past Friday night to host CD Showcase (still looking for sponsors), but at least I wasn't "stuck at home". No, I didn't go on a road trip ... don't even have my older 4 MCs out for the season yet...arg. Instead, I watched my Dad's softball team win on their Opening Night, 12-11.

After allowing 5 runs in the top of the 1st, Dad's team scored 2 in the bottom of the first and 5 in the bottom of the 2nd to grab a 7-5 lead. After the visiting team tied it at 7, Dad's team took back the lead, 8-7. But, a 3-run top of the 5th ... all with 2 out, nonetheless ... gave the other team a 10-8 lead. That didn't last long, with Dad's team scoring 3 in the bottom of the 5th to lead 11-10. In the top of the 7th, a couple of "well placed" singles allowed the visitors to tie the game at 11. A picture-perfect (replay material) line-out, throw'em out double play ended the threat. Then, in the bottom of the 7th, a leadoff double was followed promptly by a lined single to right field, giving Dad's team the 12-11 win.

My bro-in-law (sister's hubby) manages a co-ed team on Tuesday nights [my sister plays on a soccer team on Sunday evenings], which won its Opening Night game this past Tuesday, 44-0. Yes, you read correctly ... 44-0. The slaughter rule doesn't "kick in" until the 5th inning; the game ended after 3.5 innings due to time limitations. They scored 10 runs in the bottom of the 1st, 12 runs in the bottom of the 2nd ... and then literally doubled their score with 22 runs in the bottom of the 3rd.

Sssooo....anyone else play (or want to play) or attend softball games (or any other summer sport) this year?

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I'm doing better than I thought I would" ... Wallflowers ... 'When You're On Top'

My bro-in-law (sister's hubby) manages a co-ed team on Tuesday nights [my sister plays on a soccer team on Sunday evenings], which won its Opening Night game this past Tuesday, 44-0.  Yes, you read correctly ... 44-0.  The slaughter rule doesn't "kick in" until the 5th inning; the game ended after 3.5 innings due to time limitations.  They scored 10 runs in the bottom of the 1st, 12 runs in the bottom of the 2nd ... and then literally doubled their score with 22 runs in the bottom of the 3rd.

Oh, when I was in HS the girls softball won by I think 40-0...ten run rule didn't take affect until the end of the inning...the coach told all of our girls not to tr to hit...not to steal bases...nothing. They walked 31 that inning before they finally got 3 outs. A HIGH SCHOOL GIRL'S SOFTBALL TEAM!! (And my team wasn't even that good)

They force you to play it with your sister?  How's that work?

"Go play ball with your sister"

"Yes Sir"