BBQ Best Ideas for 2016

David

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

BBQ Best Ideas for 2016

post-12-0-46951400-1458140837_thumb.jpg

Sitting here in San Diego, high 70's, low 80's today got me thinking about BBQ. What I love best to cook, the way it brings family and friends together and in a Salute to Sauviloquent I start the BBQ thread for us to post what we love, what we think others will love, etc.

Post your foodie love and tell about it.

For the most part, I do not like most fish.  However one of my favorite things to grill is Swordfish.  I cover it in butter, lemon, and a bit of chive and grill it.

Other than that, I like big sloppy cheeseburgers with various types of cheese and/or rub.  

I have a pizza stone and will sometimes grill pizza too with homemade dough.

• Agree 2

For the most part, I do not like most fish.  However one of my favorite things to grill is Swordfish.  I cover it in butter, lemon, and a bit of chive and grill it.

Other than that, I like big sloppy cheeseburgers with various types of cheese and/or rub.  

I have a pizza stone and will sometimes grill pizza too with homemade dough.

WOW, had no idea that they had so many types of Pizza Stones for BBQ, very cool idea Drew. I like this Webber Pizza Stone I found. So what shape of stone do you have? circle, square, rectangle, single size, medium or large circle or square?

post-12-0-73918900-1458189058_thumb.jpg

Love Burgers also, especially stuffed.

Pass on the fish though, have no problem cooking it but do not like the texture or taste.

Pizza stones aren't specifically for the grill... they can be used in the oven, so don't spend extra money just because it says Weber on it.  I have a good size rectangle one that I use both in the oven and the grill.  Here's one for $35 on Amazon. They require planning because you have to pre-heat them for a while before putting the pizza on. 

Pizza stone tips

1. Bake it without food on it at 400 for 3 hours before using it, this is like cleaning the stone from any manufacturing residue. 

2. NEVER EVER any soap!  The stone will absorb the soap and potentially get into your food!  Water and a clean paper towel is all you should ever use.

3. The darker it gets with time, the better... this is the seasoning... don't worry about getting every last speck of dough off of it.

4. just leave it in the oven most of the time even if you're not cooking things on it, it will help disperse the heat more evenly in the oven.  Keep it on the lowest rack when baking without food on it.

5. Don't allow oil to get on the stone, it will absorb into the stone and then crack the stone on a future heat/cool cycle.