Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Genesis News: 2017 Genesis G80 To Start At $42,350*

2 posts in this topic

As the Hyundai Genesis transitions into the Genesis G80 for the 2017 model year, the price also transitions to a higher point.

The 2017 G80 will begin at $42,350 (includes a $950 destination charge), which is $2,650 premium over the outgoing model. That will net you the 3.8L V6 with 311 horsepower paired with an eight-speed automatic. The V6 is also the only way you'll be able to get all-wheel drive (adds $2,500 to the base price). If you want a V8, you'll need to pony up $55,500.

Being a Genesis model, the G80 will feature 3 years or 36K miles complimentary scheduled maintenance and valet services.

The 2017 G80 will arrive at dealers next month.

Source: Genesis

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

Wish them all the best in moving to have a luxury line and what customers will come to expect.

I have a relative who has a Genesis and loves it and brags about how much better it is than anything the germans or americans build and yet when I told him to expect this to be the start of a luxury line that will be separate from the traditional Hyundai family and expect other models and the price to go up as they move to be a true competitor to those german and american luxury brands in addition to the asian ones he said why? Why do that it is a great Hyundai and does not need to become it's only family line of product or cost more.

I think people who are used to Hyundai and their cheaper prices will be lost to the whole notion of a luxury line with better quality materials, service and ride.

Hate to say it, but once a value buyer, almost always a value buyer. My relative has money but is a true cheap skate.