Movie talk? Forgot if it belongs here ... "The Commuter"

I haven't seen many movies lately but the last one I saw was "The Commuter."  Blame it on bargain Tuesday.  I looked at the reviews and they were lukewarm.  I went to see it and enjoyed it.  It was sort of like "Unstoppable" (2010).  It was probably also like "The Taking of Pelham 123," which I never saw.

Has anyone seen it?  The review said that it was predictable.  I disagree.  I didn't know who it could be until the very end.  In fact, it's one of those movies you have to analyze backwards, sort of like film noir "Body Heat," where the pieces all make sense when looked at in the rear view mirror.

If you've seen it, did you feel that more fleshing out of the details such as the motives was needed?  I did.  I think I need more hand holding.  The whole set up was pretty weird.

I saw the recent Oscar nominations.  I haven't seen any of them.  The last time around, one of the few I saw was "Manchester by the Sea" and I liked everything about it.  I didn't think I would.

Interesting, the trailer for this movie has stuck nothing to interest me and the reviews by the pro's I take with a grain of salt. Might just have to check it out as I loved the movie Unstoppable.

In regards to the recent Oscar nomination, that whole mess has become a political ass kissing nightmare. I have to question giving a nomination to a film that was only available to be seen at the indie film festival or was made out of the country and in a limited market with no access to anyone else to see it.

It was a discussion yesterday at lunch and coworkers were talking about how you could nominate a film that cannot be viewed at all in this day and age of streaming to the world and is not in theaters but was only shown at one exclusive place like a film festival and was only seen by a few hundred people.

To me the Oscars, golden globes, etc., all those award shows are all about a group of people patting themselves on the back and playing inner industry politics.

Love Film analysis, took it all through college, but most people do not have that view point so many of the nominations in many of the categories makes no sense but to only those insiders playing their own game.