Server Move In Progress ×

Anyone have any thoughts on the CTS 2.0T?

I am looking to replace my 200S soon and have been seriously considering a used ATS or CTS.  I almost pulled the trigger on a CTS V-sport a couple of months ago but didn't and now the used prices on all CTS's (not just V-sport) seem to have rebounded since then. Good for Cadillac that they found bottom and are climbing again but bad for me.  Sooo... after driving this 2016 ATS Luxury 2.0T and mentioning to the salesman about the CTS, when I got back to the dealership after the test drive he started talking to me about leasing a "new" courtesy vehicle with 4-5k miles on it already that would count against the lease.  He didn't do any official calculations or put anything in writing but lets just say the number he through out was quite attractive.

So do any of you have any thoughts you would want to share on these?  It is a 2018 CTS Luxury RWD 2.0T.  I have not test driven it yet but I did test drive a 2.0T performance model a year or so ago and felt the 2.0T was perfectly fine in it.  What do you think?  The only down side I can see so far is that it is a 39 month lease.

Funny aside: When I was talking to the salesman about the CTS he was pointing out the ventilated seats as one of the features and how nice they are and I said "I know, I have them on my 200" and he was shocked!  He said "You could get ventilated seats on a 200?  You can't even get ventilated seats on the ATS!"  Haha

I've already started my on boycott of all 4-cylinder turbos that are meant to replace V6es. The CTS is a great driving car if you have good roads. The roads around me are very poor, so with the stiffer suspension, it makes the car a bit too jumpy over road imperfections. 

So if those two things aren't issues for you, I'd say go for it. 

8 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I've already started my on boycott of all 4-cylinder turbos that are meant to replace V6es. The CTS is a great driving car if you have good roads. The roads around me are very poor, so with the stiffer suspension, it makes the car a bit too jumpy over road imperfections. 

So if those two things aren't issues for you, I'd say go for it. 

🤣  I thought you have been to Michigan before.  We have almost nothing but poor roads.  Government at its finest.  One of the highest gasoline taxes in the country and some of the worst roads imaginable.  My brother-in-law just had to borrow the spare tire out of my 200 last week because he hit a pothole big enough to badly bend his rim and his Dart did not come with a spare.  Thankfully it held air so he was able to drive it home and double thankfully he had spent the money on wheel and tire insurance.

I hear you on the 4 cyl turbo's but almost every car magazine review I have read on the ATS and CTS has said that they actually prefer the turbo 4 over the V6.  They aren't slow either.

10 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I'm just done with lag. I know they aren't slow.

Yes I've been to Michigan, I just didn't remember where you live.

I know you have.  You come to NAIAS every year, don't you?  I was just giving you a hard time. 😊  Sorry if it came across differently.

I appreciate your feedback.

Edited by 2QuickZ's