January 2015: Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru of America, Inc. Reports Record January Sales

• Record January - monthly sales increase 24 percent over January 2014
  • 38th consecutive month of month-over-month growth
  • Best January ever for Forester, WRX/STI, Legacy-sedan, Outback, XV Crosstrek
  • 11th consecutive months of more than 10,000 Outbacks sold
  • 18th consecutive months of more than 10,000 Foresters sold
  • Seven millionth vehicle sold in the U.S.

CHERRY HILL, N.J., Feb. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Subaru of America, Inc. today reported 40,812 vehicle sales for January 2015, a 24 percent increase over January 2014. These results continue the company's sales momentum from 2014 where Subaru achieved six consecutive years of record sales and exceeded 500,000 annual sales – a first in company history.

January marked the 11th consecutive month of 40,000+ vehicle sales for the company. Forester, WRX/STI, Legacy, Outback, and XV Crosstrek sales were notably strong as each model line achieved its best January ever. WRX/STI and Legacy sales for January 2015 increased 59 and 41 percent respectively over January 2014. The XV Crosstrek small CUV also added 6,513 sales to the month's total.

All seven 2015 Subaru models recently earned safety awards from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) – two with Top Safety Pick and five with Top Safety Pick+ including the Forester, Legacy, Outback, Impreza, and XV Crosstrek, when equipped with optional EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology. In January, Subaru also earned Kelley Blue Book's prestigious 2015 Best Resale Value Brand Award and three vehicle segment awards – Compact Car Category: 2015 Subaru Impreza; Sporty Compact Car Category: 2015 Subaru WRX; and Mid-Size Car Category: 2015 Subaru Legacy.

"We are off to a strong start to 2015 by having the best January sales in our franchise's history and we expect strong demand to continue throughout the year," said Thomas J. Doll, president and chief operating officer, Subaru of America, Inc. "We are excited to see strong sales across our entire model line, as well as achieve the sale of our seven millionth vehicle." 

Jeff Walters, senior vice president of sales said; "Subaru continues to receive outstanding accolades from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the automotive press for our products. These favorable reviews are increasing the positive image and awareness of our products among the American buying public and help drive the demand we are seeing in our retail stores."

post-10485-0-45806100-1422992929_thumb.j

Can someone explain Subaru's big monthly sales gains every month?  Pretty much every vehicle was up big and I just don't get it.. I guess I need to go test drive some of their vehicles. I haven't checked anything out at the dealership since 2005 as their styling started drifting away from what I like starting around 2007.

I find it somewhat amazing the the Outback outsold the Forester considering how poorly wagons are thought of by the general populous of this country (unless you call it a CUV, of course).