CC in Reverse?

capriceman

It was brought up in the Fourm Feedback thread.

Is it possible to use cruise control in reverse? I think it could work. Ill have to try it out sometime. (in safe conditions)

in a ford Aerostar. you can accelerate from a dead stop with cruise. so why wouldnt it work in Reverse.

But my idle speed is like cruise in the morning have to ride the brakes on Masonic Blv. to keep it at 30. And no I dont have the Choke.

Edited by capriceman

It was brought up in the Fourm Feedback thread.

Is it possible to use cruise control in reverse? I think it could work. Ill have to try it out sometime. (in safe conditions)

in a ford Aerostar. you can accelerate from a dead stop with cruise. so why wouldnt it work in Reverse.

But my idle speed is like cruise in the morning have to ride the brakes on Masonic Blv. to keep it at 30. And no I dont have the Choke.

195055[/snapback]

fast idle solenoid is adjustable...you must go thru alot of brakes!

sounds like a finely tuned machine.

fast idle solenoid is adjustable...you must go thru alot of brakes!

sounds like a finely tuned machine.

195090[/snapback]

For some reason my 5 slow (5.0L 305) is really powerful.

I dont go through brakes badly about every 30k. After the cars all warmed up tho its fine it will stay at 30 with out the brakes. Only on cold dry mornings the thing has mass power. if you hit the gas off the stop sign down my street you leave a nice cold rubber mark.

For some reason my 5 slow (5.0L 305) is really powerful.

I dont go through brakes badly about every 30k. After the cars all warmed up tho its fine it will stay at 30 with out the brakes. Only on cold dry mornings the thing has mass power. if you hit the gas off the stop sign down my street you leave a nice cold rubber mark.

195127[/snapback]

No I'm sorry but your 305 is not "really powerful", nor does it have mass power,

(It's all in your mind) at best, it's peppy(for a 305)

unless someone snuck a different engine in your car when you weren't looking...

Okay, I admit it. I was sleep walking and accidently installed a ZZ430 in there while Capriceman was asleep. I was in the middle of adjusting the idle when I woke up and realized I had to be at work the naxt day. I appologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. :cry:

195209[/snapback]

THAT explains the nice cold rubber mark! :yes:

:lol: Is that why it is really loud and chugs the gas :scratchchin:

yeah i used the wrong word there. It seems peppy. Also i should point out that theres 80% of the time a One tread mark.

Whats sad is that the older i get speed becomes less attractive. So that 383 project in the Caprice might never happen...

WMJ how did you need that much speed to do a 180 in a FWD?? its just you need quick steering and quick to throw it in drive? hmm.. didnt the trans go bad in that car??...

It's not hard to do a 180 backwards in an Auto FWD.

I did a few with my Lumina.

Gun it in reverse, go about 20 or 30 feet, then crank the wheel (doesn't even need to go all the way).

Worked out to just about a perfect 180 when I did it. Trick is, keeping your head about you when you're whipping around, so that you put it in drive to drive away from the 180.

I'll have to try it out.