2001 Oldsmobile Alero starting problem

to me i would check the wires to make sure they are not dry rotted. check the condition of the spark plugs. Also It could be your coil. not sure how to check your coil though im sure another guy here will be able to help you on that.

Also Does it not start on damp or rainy days?

Also It could be your coil. not sure how to check your coil though im sure another guy here will be able to help you on that.

166353[/snapback]

To check the coil pack(s), take a wire off a sparkplug, stick a philips screwdriver in the end of it and hold on to the metal part while a friend tries to start the engine.

You'll instantly know if the coil pack is good or not.

All right. First question: How many miles are on the car? Second question: How long has it been doing this? Third Question: Did you have any work performed before it started doing it? Fourth Question: Got a CEL (Check Engine Light) or Service Engine Soon light on? Fifth Question: Does it do it primarily hot, or primarly cold?

• 2 months later...

2001 Oldsmobile Alero with 3.4 v6 4 speed auto

Car will turnover but will not fire, does not occur all the time, but intermitently. So some does it starts up just fine but on others it won't start at all.

166350[/snapback]

Did you ever find out why your olds alero sporatically started? Mine does the exact same thing.

Feel free to email me direct. I'm getting so frustrated.

doug

[email protected]