Let there be light

All right boys and girls... I know I'm normally the one with all the answers when it comes to Technical questions and How-to's, but this time, I've got one for y'all. 2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 9C1, I've got properly working DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), I've got my high-beams working, I've got my parking lights, but I've got NO low-beam headlights. Doesn't matter if I let the auto-light system work, or if I pull the headlight switch itself on. No blown fuses, no non-functional relays. Although there is a "headlamp relay" shown on the driver's side fuse panel in the side of the dash on the car, but I have yet to find that fuse. I'm wondering if that's where the problem lies, or am I going to have to chase a WHOLE lot of wires?

If you have already checked the connector at the headlamps for 12 volts with the low beams on, check the headlamp dimmer switch.

It should be the dark blue wire. It is in the large connector at the base of the steering column. Check carefully, it is part of the multi-function switch for the turn signal switch and is not cheap to mis-diagnose.

All right boys and girls...  I know I'm normally the one with all the answers when it comes to Technical questions and How-to's, but this time, I've got one for y'all.  2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 9C1, I've got properly working DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), I've got my high-beams working, I've got my parking lights, but I've got NO low-beam headlights.  Doesn't matter if I let the auto-light system work, or if I pull the headlight switch itself on.  No blown fuses, no non-functional relays.  Although there is a "headlamp relay" shown on the driver's side fuse panel in the side of the dash on the car, but I have yet to find that fuse.  I'm wondering if that's where the problem lies, or am I going to have to chase a WHOLE lot of wires?

171588[/snapback]

You know, after I posted this, I did just that, I went digging for wires. The lights aren't grounding properly, therefore, I have no lights. That also means that I have to fork over the $250 for the combination dimmer/turn signal/cruise control/windshield washer switch. Damn, what happend to the simple days of having a dimmer switch on the floor that you just stomped on......