Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Headliner

capriceman

Yeah so I was realy pissed and since my head linner sags alot (the whole thing) and It was in my way when i was pissed so I just grabed the fabric and ripped it down. So Where do i get new fabric since there is a gapping hole in my fabric now. also that foam thats on there was deteriated so im in the process of taking that off the head linner board. Any tips? And I need all new head linner clips since being pissed off and working on your car is never a good combo. good thing i didnt break the pillars yet.

I was thinking i doubt a dealler will have head linner fabric so any of you think joans fabric would have some? or some place like it?

On a side not that foam its like angel food cake so you can compact it together and its brown and if molded right it looks excatly like a turd.

Oh and Im going to use Permetex headliner addhessive. I think ther trustworthy. 3M was too much.

What car are you working on?

I've had some headliner experiences. The headliner in my Shadow was saggy and the board was broken for years (pervious owner's kid jumped on the roof). So I went to the local junkyard with a friend and took the headliner out of a newer Shadow that had a good headliner. One thing is for sure, it's easier to get out than put back in. In the junker we just ripped the pillar trim off, unscrewed the sun vizers and disconnected the dowm light. Of course, since Shadows are hatchbacks, it's relatively easy to slide the entire thing out the back. Then we ripped the headliner out of mine, and carefully pulled down the pillar. We slid it into position, and after some finessing, we pul the pillars back, reconnected the dome light, and screwed the hooks and vizors back in.

Ironically, me and my dad were talking about how he went to a fabric store and bought some fabric to replace the saggy headliner (but keeping the cardboard which wasn't broken. Then he used adhesive he bought from the hardware store, cuz the fabric store's stuff didn't work for $h!. And...ta-da!

I dunno if any of this helps, but it might ^_^

in the caprice.

Im going to fix the corners with duct tape for inforcement and then spray glue on and lay some new head liner fabric on it. the foam was garbage so i took it off.

some pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

told you the foam balled up looks like dog crap. :lol:

Posted Image

who was the crack head that mounted that card board piece? I cut that off when i got it wondering what that was. Now i know.

Joan fabrics did have "headliner material" with a 1/4 inch foam backing but it wasnt wide enough! so i put the old headliner in the washing Machine and re apllied it. A tleast it doesnt sag but it doesnt look the greatest.

added GM WHY ARE THOSE FRONT WHITE HEADLINER CLIPS BREAK SO EASY??? Had to go to a junk yard 4 times that day to get 3 working ones that didnt break. and you cant buy them from a parts store around here.

Joan fabrics did have "headliner material" with a 1/4 inch foam backing but it wasnt wide enough! so i put the old headliner in the washing Machine and re apllied it. A tleast it doesnt sag but it doesnt look the greatest.

201852[/snapback]

It survived the wash? Impressive lol

added GM WHY ARE THOSE FRONT WHITE HEADLINER CLIPS BREAK SO EASY???  Had to go to a junk yard 4 times that day to get 3 working ones that didnt break. and you cant buy them from a parts store around here.

201855[/snapback]

What do these clips look like? On my car it's help up by the dome light, sun vizors, clothing hooks, and the interior trim.