GM Expects 40% Conquest Rate with Enclave

Variance

GM Expects 40% Conquest Rate with Enclave

Posted Image

When the 2008 Buick Enclave goes on sale next year, General Motors Corp. expects up to 40% of the new SUV's customers to come from other automakers, Steve Shannon, Buick's general manager, said Thursday.

GM has not revealed pricing for the midsize model, which uses a car-like structure to provide better fuel economy, more room and more comfort than traditional SUVs like the Chevrolet TrailBlazer. However, the Enclave's targets, the upscale -- but smaller -- Acura MDX and Lexus RX350, have base prices of $39,995 and $37,400, respectively.

Detroit Free Press

Hopefully they sweated the details on the Enclave. I hope they also realized that not everyone in the world uses the 3rd row seat...some people put dogs in the back of their SUVs! The cargo net that BMW and Audi wagons have (as well as the Mazda6) would be a nice detail to see.

The dog barrier offered for the Ranier was a joke...and it required you to cut into the headliner to install! The one for the Saturn Vue is equally sad. Nissan offered mounts for a dog barrier starting in 1996 on the Pathfinder...

just saw and sat in the acadia at the boston show and was impressed with the details and overall execution. i'm looking forward to seeing the production enclave. my only reservation is that the acadia seemed really big to me and is the market for vehicles that size, car based or not, shrinking?

I thought it went without saying that Buick was expecting to gain converts from other brands, especially imports. Us having to wait so long for the Enclave to go into production, better be worth it. The "bugs" better be worked out and they need to get the V8 option available immediately. I read that Buick didn't want to introduce the Enclave initially with the V8, for fear customers would associate the V8 with poor fuel mileage. Sounds to me like something that Shannon guy came up with. He is so unimpressive to me....