Camaro RINGTONE

Saw this link in my newest issue of Car Craft.

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/Camar...ne_Ringtone.mp3

Now how the hell do I download it to my CELLY-phone? :huh:

Anyone...? :mellow:

You should know that you need to have a data-capable phone, and there will either a per-month charge or a per-KB charge to download the file over your cellphone's network.

If you're sure your phone will play MP3 files, then download the ringtone to your PC, then use this site to upload the file to your phone:

http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/index.php

This will upload a copy of the file to the Rumkin servers, and send you a text message with a link that you can use to download the file to your phone.

If your not sure whether your phone will play MP3 files, then use this site:

http://mobile17.com/

You do have to register and provide your e-mail address, but registration is free, and I've never received any spam from them.

You'll need to specify what brand and model of phone you have, and what carrier you use. Once that's done, click the "Mega/Super/Real Tones (with Lyrics)" link on your main page.

Choose the "I'll download this file with my phone's web browser. (typical)" option and enter your mobile phone number. Then click Continue. This will upload a copy of the file to the Mobile17 servers, and send you a text message with a link that you can use to download the file to your phone.

Select your mp3 file by clicking the "Browse" button at the top of the next screen. Label your file, and choose where you want it to start - for this file, you'll leave that as the default "0 minutes, 00 seconds".

This file is a hair over 39 seconds long. so where it says "4. How long would you like the tone to be?", enter 40 seconds. Finally click continue.

This site takes longer, but the reason it does so is that it converts your mp3 file to one that's compatible with your phone before it sends it to you. That's a boon for someone like me who's got a Sanyo SCP-8200 that doesn't play MP3 files.

Hope that helps,

-RBB

Edited by RBB

No need for that. A new phone will often be able to hook up directly with your computer for file synchronisation, or if you're made of money wireless internet, either by USB cable, Bluetooth, or some other connection. If your phone doesn't come standard with a USB cable, and your computer doesn't have bluetooth capability, you may be able to get it as an accessory. Check your phone manual and the website for your model. One word though, the sampling rate on this file is so low that some phones will not recognise it as a valid mp3.

Thanks guys... when I have a minute at HOMe I'll

look into your instructions. I appreciate it.

BTW: My phone is an MP3 capable Razor.

Thanks guys... when I have a minute at HOMe I'll

look into your instructions. I appreciate it.

BTW: My phone is an MP3 capable Razor.

230820[/snapback]

Use the RUMKIN link, then. My wife has a RAZR, and I've used it to send MP3 ringtones to her phone.

The RAZR does have a USB port, but in order to directly interface with the phone, you have to purchase their proprietary software. Alternatively, you can pull out the Mini-SD card and transfer files to it via an USB SanDisk reader. The RAZR should have come with a Mini-SD to SanDisk adapter. But then, you have to transfer the file from your Mini-SD card to the phone's internal RAM before you can set it as a ringtone.

IMO, as long as you have a data plan (or don't mind paying the $.10-.40 it'll cost on a per-KB plan), it's a lot easier to text-message the file to your phone using the RUMKIN uploader.

-RBB

Edited by RBB

Tahnks again for all the 411, nope... there's other things I have to do first.

like get around to that T.W.T.T. #58 thread and post Fly's answers. :ph34r: