House for sale

intrigued

Hi Everyone,

My folks are selling their house in Wesport CT so I'm posting here if anyone is even remotley interested. If I ge the sale of the house I get half the comission. So here's the deal.

The house is about a 5000 sqft colonial. It has a legal apartment which has a mastersized bedroom and stuyd/small bedroom, A full kitchen and spacious living room and raparound front deck. The apartment bathrrom is large and has both a stall shower and a rout iron claw foot tub. The apartment was added in 2002 and is perfect as either an in-law appartment or as a source of additional income.

The main house was built in the mid 60's and has been through several renevations. The main first floor has a large formal dining room, Living room and den area as well as a half bath, eat in kitchen and 2 car garage.

The second floor has 3 large bedrooms, smallest is about 14x14 1 bathroom and the master bedroom and bathroom with walk-in closet.

There is an anotehr addition on the far side of the house adding a bonus room, that is vurrently divided with one side used as a bedroom and the other as a sitting room plus a full bathroom. (the wall in the bonus area can be removed as it is not load bearing) Also there is a seperate staircase to a bedroom and full bath added as part of this addition over the garage.

The house is oil heated and the furnace water heater central air and all other meachanical parts of the house were completley replaced with the 2002 addition of the apartment.

The house sits on a 2.15 acre lot and is beutifully landscapped with an inground, heated pool in the back.

The house is 10 minutes from the Westport station which gives about a 50 minute trip to NYC. As a resident of the town of Westport you would get access to Compo beach on the sound at the mere cost of a 25 dollar parking pass.

The asking price is a very competitive $1,550,000. If anyone has any questions please post here and I will respond. If you are in any way actually considering this house please PM me your cell number.

-Dan

PS. This is my G8 if one of you guys buy it!

Yo, Dan, slumming it, I see. I have relatives who live in Easton and in Norwalk, the first have some really nice digs, the latter have so-so digs, but the lot is big. For the ones in Easton, you get off the Merritt Parkway on Gun Hill or Sport Hill...something like that...gorgeous Cape Cod styled home.

Now, do you really think one of us paupers on here can pop for that house? Yikes. Still, that's a better price than what you'd need to pay for that size house and lot in a nice area of Los Angeles County, for example.

Are they downsizing or moving to Florida?

Heh, just hoping to move the house myself so I can get the 2.5 percent of the comission.

My Dad was a senior partner at a intelelctual property law firm in NYC for close to 30 years. He has MS though and the slog of litigation and trial law was more than he could manage so we bought a house in Guilford CT, up a little past New Haven, because he works part time as a law professor/ License consultant at Yale Univ.

So we got a nice new spec house customized the way we want it. Im a little suprised there arent more people in the tristate area on this board. We seem underrepresented considering the population density here. I guess its because we're in import country.

Yeah Easton is really nice, Norwalk though is much more middle/ working class compared to the surrounding towns. I work across from GE headquarters in Norwalk as a paralegal.