I can only imagine....

AKA:

"Everybody's looking for something" ... Eurythmics ... 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)'

Though I've always "strongly disliked" that "how do you see yourself in...." question because it can remind you of what you have not accomplished, dreams ARE how you see yourself in 5, 10, 15, 20 years....

Thus, some of my dreams:

...get married and have kids (not a chance of either thus far).

...purchase my own home in the outskirts of town (or country ... or small town) with a huge garage.

...add a 1975 Caprice Classic convertible and a 1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe to my auto collection.

...host a "permanent" radio show.

..."retire" ... so I can have time to more-fully enjoy things, such as the nice weather we've had in Chicagoland the last 2 weekends.

...travel and meet people, even more so than I do now....

...among others....

Even with all of those unrealized dreams to date, I _am_ happy. Thus, the "yes" answer to if I am where I thought I'd be at this point in life...

...have relatively-good health (more or less).

...have 5 Monte Carlos.

...have a job I like (even though it is not completely in my field of interest/expertise).

...have time and money to travel ... if only a fraction of what I'd like.

...have family/friends all over the US, who I see when I travel.

...have done a radio show each of the last 2 Aprils ... hoping to make it a more permanent thing, if I can get sponsors.

...among others....

So ... how about you? How'd you answer the "are you where you'd thought you'd be at this age?" / "what are your dreams?" question tandem?

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We go through life so sure of where we're headed" ... Brad Paisley ... 'Find Yourself'

I am not quite where I thought I would be when I graduated high school but in another twist I cant really complain too much about where I am. I have a fairly good job where they are good to me and I am treated with respect. I live at home which does present some challenges but it also helps me in a lot of way also. Mainly with money but there are other reasons for living at home. We are getting a new house in August because the city bought ours built in 1901 to tear down for a street project. I am looking forward to it.

My situation in the past 7 years have led me to just wake up one day and its over. While that sounds Selfish and depressing, Most of you don't have any idea what i deal with every week.

When Your strapped to tether and reminded every 15 minutes about your past it gets real annoying. Also I found out something on Saturday that i will never get over. Its reason why I have to live my life the way I do. Maybe One day I will get pushed to much and post it on here and suffer the consequences later.

Other than that my only goals are to get the Caprice under a 12 second car with a 350 engine swap.

And Start building my place in Alaska and retire.

Guest YellowJacket894

I might just be jinxing my good luck so far by saying, but, believe it or not, I'm getting to where I want to be. I've got a band, I've got a car that I sort of like now and I am working on, and other things are coming down the pipeline. Maybe karma is being less of a bitch to me, I don't know.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Cool thread.

In 5 years I hope me & Marcia have one more baby, buy a

house & I hope to be in business for myself... doing

something automotive related.

In 10 years I hope to own at least TWO 1959 Buicks, one

of them a flattop & the otehr one a bubbletop.

In 40 years, by the time I retire I hope to own at least

one V16 Cadillac. That's my dream car now. The only

car that's cooler than a Duesenberg to me.

Cool thread.

*nods*

Thank ya :).

In 10 years I hope to own at least TWO 1959 Buicks, one

of them a flattop & the otehr one a bubbletop.

*grins*

And, we will, of course, expect TONS of photos of the "happy couple" of Buicks ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Money can't buy happiness" ... Don Williams ... 'One Good Well'