Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flybrian

Chrysler recalls 270,000 2005MY minivans

4 posts in this topic

Report: Chrysler recalls 270,000 minivans for air bag fix
Link to Original Article @ The Detroit News
Posted Image

DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group is recalling 2005 model-year Dodge Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country minivans to fix air bags that may fail to deploy because of corroded sensors, Bloomberg News reported today.

The recall includes as many as 270,958 minivans built from April 24, 2003, to Feb. 2, 2005, Chrysler told the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The move covers vehicles sold or registered in 20 states and Washington, D.C., that use large quantities of road salt.

Max Gates, a spokesman for Chrysler, didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

Eep.

I don't know if anything's changed since air bags have become standard, but there are some people who feel that you're better off without one. I wonder if the SRS / Air Bag light illuminates when the sensor corrodes.

ACTUALLY, come to think of it, my friend's `03 Caravan's airbag light comes on from time to time....I should probably let them know.

Eep.

I don't know if anything's changed since air bags have become standard, but there are some people who feel that you're better off without one. I wonder if the SRS / Air Bag light illuminates when the sensor corrodes.

The story I saw on the local news (yes, all domestic recalls get local news coverage) said that the air bag light would come on if there is a problem.

Edited by BrewSwillis