Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Meet'n'greet'n'cruise

If you want to meet other C&Gers and do some cruising on some scenic Illinois and Iowa roadways, join us, Saturday, October 22.

The tentative schedule:
* 8:45a ... meet at Meijer/Menards, NE corner of Randall & Bose Rds, Elgin IL
* 9a ... depart for Galena IL, via RT 20 W (scenic)
* noonish ... arrive in Galena for lunch/gas stop (lunch tentatively at Culver's) ... perhaps stop at the lookout tower
* 2pmish ... leave Galena, taking RT 20 W over to Dubuque IA
* Follow scenic RT 52 S
* Cross back over into IL at I-80
* 5pmish (or earlier) ... arrive in Moline IL for dinner
* 6:30pmish ... leave Moline, taking scenic RT 84 N back to RT 20 (OR) find a local cruise, stay overnight somewhere & head north Sunday morning

I'm extending this invitation to several groups. If people wish, we could arrange "carpools" to have company and save some money on gas. If you plan to attend, be sure to let me know so I can share my cell ph# with you so we can be in touch.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
"The life I love is making music with my friends" ... Willie Nelson ... 'On The Road Again' Edited by knightfan26917

So....is anyone interested?

If you want to join us for only part of the trip, that is fine ... participating in the entire trip is not mandatory ;).

I just thought this would be a neat way to "close out" the season, more or less....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
"Get the word out" ... Collective Soul ... 'Feeling Better Now'

This is still about 2 weeks away, but an update: I'm currently looking at eating places in the Moline area. Cheddars in Davenport IA is a possibility ... or somewhere in Moline. Since lunch is tentatively at Culver's (more or less a "fast food" place), I figured we could eat dinner at a "sit down" establishment. So, if you have any suggestions for Davenport IA or Moline IL ... share them with me. Remember, if gas prices are giving you pause, we can always figure out some "carpools" of sorts so people can share gas expenses...and have some company along the travels as well. And, as I mentioned before, you don't have to join us for the entire event/cruise ... you can join us for a meal ... or drive part of the way with us ... or a combination of both.... And, yes, this will be rain or shine ... you do not have to drive an older car to participate :).

Some additional notes ... Received a suggestion to stop at the Mississippi Palasads Park at Sabula (Iowa side) to take some pictures of the cars ... hopefully with fall colors in the background.... Dinner in the Davenport/Moline (Quad Cities) area might be at Cheddars or Bud's Skyline Inn.... And, depending on time and interest, we might stop at the John Deere place/museum in the Quad Cities area.... Hope you consider joining us....

Wish I could buddy but I'm stuck here in Mass.

KF: Sssooo, what are you doing Saturday, October 22?

Since you asked, my favorite boneyard is having an "ALL YOU CAN CARRY OUT" special. For $50 you can take as much as you can pick up and carry out the gate.

We're going to take the slightly damaged hood off of the burgundy '95 Riviera (aluminum: light) and load it up wiht goodies. Cadillac pasts, an extra Volvo radiator for me, whatever Riviera/Coupe Devile pasts Ross wants... what ever parts Kevin wants for his Ram p/u etc... then once we're ready to leave we throw everythingn on top of the Hood and carry out. :)

eh, what can you do. I'll let you know abot a possible day rip to the border of New Hampshire & Vermot tomorrow. BTW: my Monte calendar you snet me is hanging up on the wall right by the computer. Thanks Again! :)

eh, what can you do. I'll let you know abot a possible day rip to the border of New Hampshire & Vermot tomorrow.

Cool! Day trips are just as fun ;).

BTW: my Monte calendar you snet me is hanging up on the wall right by the computer. Thanks Again! :)

*grins*

You are quite welcome, Sixty8 :).

Heh...I've often wondered if the prize winners enjoy them and/or use them.....

i hear the minnesota vikings will be on board.

Eh? How do you figure?

---

Let me know now if you are even _thinking_ about participating ... I'll send you my cell ph# to call if you decide to join the fun anywhere along the way! Some highlights/reminders follow....

SCHEDULE

8:45a
...meet at Meijer/Menards, NE corner of Randall & Bose Rds, Elgin IL

9a
...depart for Galena IL, via RT 20 W (scenic), with possible stop in Marengo IL (or elsewhere) depending on who all plans to join along the way

11amish
...arrive in the Freeport IL area. I know Roger will join us at the IL RT 20/IL RT 26 interchange; others are welcome, too. We can plan a stop if need be. IL RT 20 includes a slight detour west of Lena IL.

12:30pmish
...arrive in Galena IL for lunch (tentatively at Culver's), with others joining us for lunch. Depending on time, we might stop at the lookout tower along IL RT 20.

2pmish
...gas-up the cars and leave Galena IL, taking RT 20 W over to Dubuque IA, stopping perhaps to pick up others along the way....

Afternoon drive
...follow scenic RT 52 S
...stop at Sabula IA to take pictures of the cars, hopefully with fall colors in the background
...use I-80 to cross back to IL

5pmish
...arrive in the Quad Cities area for dinner, with others possibly joining. Restaurant choices include Cheddars in Davenport IA or Bud's Skyline Inn (near Moline IL, I believe).

6:30pmish
...gas stop
...leave the Quad Cities area, taking scenic RT 84 N back to RT 20
(OR)
...find a local cruise, stay overnight somewhere & head north Sunday morning

NOTES
...participating in the entire trip is _not_ required ... you can join and leave us anywhere along the route....
...don't let gas prices be an "excuse" ... since we can carpool and enjoy company along the route
...classic and newer cars/trucks/vans are welcome to join us as this is about having fun, enjoying a drive and socializing!
...depending on time and interest, we may see the John Deere place/museum in the Quad Cities area

So.....what ARE _you_ doing Saturday, October 22?