Acura Sets September Sales Record

Guest Josh

TSX and RL Post Records TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Acura posted record September sales of 16,634 vehicles, surpassing the previous mark of 16,271 set in 2004 and up 2.2 percent versus last year based on the daily selling rate. Acura year-to-date sales of 160,709 rose 10.2 percent versus 2004. The TSX sports sedan posted its fourth consecutive record sales month and set a new September record, up 4.8 percent compared to 2004. TSX sales of 2,960 units surpassed the previous September record of 2,825 vehicles set last year. Year-to-date TSX sales reached 27,817 units, up 15.4 percent compared to last year. The RL luxury sedan also set a new September record with sales of 1,552, shattering the previous record of 1,385 units set in 1997. Year-to- date RL sales reached 13,446 units, up 282 percent compared to last year. "September marks the 23rd consecutive record breaking month for Acura" said Dick Colliver, executive vice president, sales. "And with improvements to our 2006 model lineup, we are looking forward to continued sales success." Continued strong demand for the TL performance luxury sedan helped boost sales to 6,228 units for the month. Year-to-date sales of the TL reached 58,530, up 1.1 percent compared to 2004. Monthly percentages are based on 25 selling days for this month versus 25 days for last September and 229 days year-to-date versus 230 for 2004.

why does Acura have its own thread? i mean it is Honda!

its like having Cady differnt from GM!

[post="23585"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, it would be like Cadillac having its own forum seperate from GM news...which it does.

I don't see an issue here.

I think he means why does it have it's own thread for sales, because Cadillac wouldn't have it's own thread for sales seperate from GM's sales.

Anyways, it's seperate because the press releases were probably seperate, so Josh posted them that way.

This quote made me laugh: "The RL luxury sedan also set a new September record with sales of 1,552, shattering the previous record of 1,385 units set in 1997. Year-to-date RL sales reached 13,446 units, up 282 percent compared to last year.

So an increase of less than 200 units shatters a record? And it's pretty funny it's up close to 300 percent and it's only at 13k units after 9 months. :lol:

I think he means why does it have it's own thread for sales, because Cadillac wouldn't have it's own thread for sales seperate from GM's sales.

Anyways, it's seperate because the press releases were probably seperate, so Josh posted them that way.

This quote made me laugh: "The RL luxury sedan also set a new September record with sales of 1,552, shattering the previous record of 1,385 units set in 1997. Year-to-date RL sales reached 13,446 units, up 282 percent compared to last year.

So an increase of less than 200 units shatters a record? And it's pretty funny it's up close to 300 percent and it's only at 13k units after 9 months.  :lol:

[post="23609"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The RL is a flop but the media won't admit it. A 290hp V6 just doesn't cut it for the $50k market. SH-AWD hasn't helped too much in the comparisons either. Other AWD $50k vehicles have been rated higher.

The RL has a 300 HP V-6. And, I don't think the average RL buyer cares about beating anyone stoplight to stoplight. The car is a tourer. Something that Cadillac used to know about. Remember, not everyone wants or needs performance. Some just want a nice ride. This RL is more competent than the last and sells a heckuva' lot better than the previous model too.

The RL has a 300 HP V-6.  And, I don't think the average RL buyer cares about beating anyone stoplight to stoplight.  The car is a tourer.  Something that Cadillac used to know about.  Remember, not everyone wants or needs performance.  Some just want a nice ride.

This RL is more competent than the last and sells a heckuva' lot better than the previous model too.

[post="23736"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Uhm... you forgot to account for the SAE changes...
For 2006, the RL is:
290 horsepower @ 6200 rpm
256 lbs-ft. of torque @ 5000 rpm
For 2006, TL is now 258hp... down from 270hp.

The reason for calling the RL a flop is:
* The new RL is being outsold by almost every one of its competitors
* It’s not meeting Honda's own first full year sales expectations
* It’s not winning reviews

The competition is fierce. All Tier 1 luxury brands have more powerful RWD V8 sedans with AWD available.

Something that Cadillac used to know about.

[post="23736"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:blink:

to me the CTS is a tourer it has a v6 and it is in the $35,000 range i think i really dont no the exact price and someone will give you the right price i imagine. but its cheaper than $50,000 the V is cheaper then that. so what are you talking about?

i understand now josh thanks!

ok here CTS 2.8 base $31,235 with V6 210 HP CTS 3.6 base is $33,880 with V6 255 HP CTS V base is $51,395 with 4.0l V8 with 400 HP Acura RL base is $49,100 3.5 V6 with 290 HP even if power is not your thing for $19,000 less i'd go with the cady I looked at this with a non-biased opinion. What would you rather have? (i used there websites MRSP and Model types)

ok here    CTS 2.8 base $31,235 with V6 210 HP

CTS 3.6  base is $33,880 with V6 255 HP

CTS V  base is $51,395 with 4.0l V8 with 400 HP

Acura RL base is $49,100 3.5 V6 with 290 HP

even if power is not your thing for $19,000 less i'd go with the cady

I looked at this with a non-biased opinion. What would you rather have?

(i used there websites MRSP and Model types)

[post="23918"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The RL "base" goes against a fully-loaded STS V6.

the only thing the RL has on the caddy is interoir its alot better than the caddy but when i get i car i sit in it if im comfy the car is good! i dont care about navigation or hand sewn seats. but the it does in a way resembel a accord tho....

I think the RL is a good vehicle, it just happens to be way too bland for it's class. The other cars in its class are much more striking and have a better road presence then does the RL. Maybe this isn't the case where some people live (there aren't a whole lot of imports around here, probably 30% or less) but when I see a GS or M35/45, it's much more striking than when I see an RL (which is hardly at all), and the STS, 5er, A6 are all more striking, while the less striking E-Class and S-Type are still much more stately than the RL. The TL on the other hand looks as striking as most anything in its class, and it racks up the sales.

Well, I live in Acura country. Acura is very popular in the Seattle area. I have an Acura dealership within 2 miles of my house. I see tons of TLs & TSXs on the road but hardly EVER see the new RL. I can only assume that this should be one of the larger RL markets since Acura is so popular up here. I see way more STSs, BMW 5-series, & Lexus GSs on the road than the RL.