emh

GM and radio commercials

3 posts in this topic

I'm in Northern California, and I've never heard GM advertise on radio, probably the most targetted of traditional media outside of niche magazines. I usually listen to NPR and contempoprary pop/alternative stations, and have never heard any car commercials other than Toyota and Lesux (those two, on the other hand, seem to blanket the airwaves with new and certified used commercials), and VW sometime back.

This morning, I heard a Chevy ad on NPR promoting their alternative fuel research. I think NPR listeners may be skeptical until something like the Volt goes in to production, but I was glad to hear GM taking the initiative to reach out. Seems like GM is making progress, not only in products, but also in trying new marketing outlets!!

Edited by emh

Is it possible they don't believe they have anything to say? If you really believe you have a compelling story to tell, I would expect you'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

This has nothing to do with the radio ads but the magazine publication ads. I just received my new August issue of Automobile magazine and the Cadillac ad in there for the 08 STS seemed like it was written by a 1st grader. Just horrible!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room