Father-in-law getting a new GMC Sierra Work Truck

It will actually be his personal vehicle, but he's a real basics kind of guy and didn't want power anything or carpeted floors. So he finally found a dealer that had, or I should say would pick up, what he wanted. A white 2007 GMC Sierra Ext Cab 2WD with 4.8L V8. Crank windows, manual door locks, and hose-out flooring. Only option other than the extended cab is cloth seats instead of vinyl. He haggled the dealer down to $22,500, including tax and licensing fees, from $24,900 excluding tax and fees. Plus 0% interest, and I think he's putting $2-3k down, so he got a damn good deal, IMO.

I'll see if I can get pictures and his impressions when he picks it up this week.

Didn't know if anyone cared, so I hadn't bothered to update. Didn't get any pictures, will try to get some when he comes in next time.

While he was up here he got his windows tinted and a Line-X spray-in bedliner. Truck looks more expensive that it really was, I think he only ended up financing around 19k and the truck, other than the grey plastic front end, looks like it costs a lot more with his add-ons.

Took a ride in it, rides great. Lots of room in the back seat. Doors opening to nearly 180 degrees makes entry and exit a breeze. The 4.8L sounds great and its 295 horses and 305 lb-ft of torque can really be felt. Nice base engine for the Ext cab.

He's going to buy some wheels for it as well. He had found a wheel place where someone had bought some aftermarkets and had left their stock 2007 GMC Sierra SLE wheels and tires there, I guess traded them toward the price of the new wheels and tires. He was considering those heavily, as he could get the entire set of rims AND tires for $600.

Truck's fantastic, I'm glad he went with a GM instead of a Ford like my wife wanted him to buy.

GMT-900 -----> ccol! I really like the new Sierra's design, even if some say it's similar to the Ford F-150.

Even though if I were to purchase a Sierra for myself it would be a SLE model, I do like the look of the W/T trucks with the unpainted/unchromed front grille. Please post some pics as soon as you can.