A few questions about the GM-UAW Tentative Argeement

I have a few questions about the 2007 agreement. First, is GM getting rid of all HMO's or just select hmo's?? And second, people that are on non core jobs will have to make a desicion. One, retire if elegible. Two, quit. Three, stay on their non-core job and work for less money. Or four, flow back to the line. Now if he or she decides to flow back to the line they will bump somebody with a lesser seniority date. Now when all the bumping is said and done where do the people that got bumped go. And are only new hires going to be the ones filling the non-core jobs?? And last but not least who is elegible for the attrition program?

I have a few questions about the 2007 agreement. First, is GM getting rid of all HMO's or just select hmo's?? And second, people that are on non core jobs will have to make a desicion. One, retire if elegible. Two, quit. Three, stay on their non-core job and work for less money. Or four, flow back to the line. Now if he or she decides to flow back to the line they will bump somebody with a lesser seniority date. Now when all the bumping is said and done where do the people that got bumped go. And are only new hires going to be the ones filling the non-core jobs?? And last but not least who is elegible for the attrition program?

Aren't these things you should be asking your UAW rep?

well I was hoping that somebody on here would have some info. i would ask my rep but there answer is "i dunno, i'll get back with ya"

i donno, i'll get back with ya...

honnestly, the deal hasnt been posted anywhere... it is relitively confidential

from what i understand... all health care is now in the hands of the UAW, and many of its perks will be denied, due to cost factor... you must remember this 50 billion must last 80 years for current members and spouses...

and with GM's annual expense of around 5 billion, that would typically get used up in 10 years if prices of health care were to stay steady, but they arent going to stay steady... they will continue to rise, unless new legislature puts some sort of law on it...

my thinking is, this fund will run out of money within about 6 years just as the catapiller deal in 98... they thought 32 million would last the lifetime of the retired members, that amount ran out in less then 6 years...

Its not GM's problem any more... america sold its companies out, and now american laborers are being sold out too... if GM still had 48% marketshare, it could afford to do what it promised it's members, but even the members themselves dont buy the products they build... so what kind of comitment is that... it goes both ways, whats good for GM, is good for america... but our cars... keep our members employeed...

even in 1922 GM profited 80 million dollars, in the 50's GM was profiting over a billion dollars a quarter, durring the great depression, GM was still paying out dividends and making profits while their clientel had crumbled...

Expand GM too much, and take its clients away, you've got disaster... if UAW wanted their pensions to stay, and their funds... maybe they should have fought back on a physical level... not to say that this isnt a new millenium... but when plants start closing, maybe the union should have stood up for american products...

i donno, i'll get back with ya...

honnestly, the deal hasnt been posted anywhere... it is relitively confidential

from what i understand... all health care is now in the hands of the UAW, and many of its perks will be denied, due to cost factor... you must remember this 50 billion must last 80 years for current members and spouses...

and with GM's annual expense of around 5 billion, that would typically get used up in 10 years if prices of health care were to stay steady, but they arent going to stay steady... they will continue to rise, unless new legislature puts some sort of law on it...

my thinking is, this fund will run out of money within about 6 years just as the catapiller deal in 98... they thought 32 million would last the lifetime of the retired members, that amount ran out in less then 6 years...

Its not GM's problem any more... america sold its companies out, and now american laborers are being sold out too... if GM still had 48% marketshare, it could afford to do what it promised it's members, but even the members themselves dont buy the products they build... so what kind of comitment is that... it goes both ways, whats good for GM, is good for america... but our cars... keep our members employeed...

even in 1922 GM profited 80 million dollars, in the 50's GM was profiting over a billion dollars a quarter, durring the great depression, GM was still paying out dividends and making profits while their clientel had crumbled...

Expand GM too much, and take its clients away, you've got disaster... if UAW wanted their pensions to stay, and their funds... maybe they should have fought back on a physical level... not to say that this isnt a new millenium... but when plants start closing, maybe the union should have stood up for american products...

From what I understand the UAW is only responsible for retirees healthcare, not active employees.

From what I understand the UAW is only responsible for retirees healthcare, not active employees.

yes i beleive that to be true... at least thats what ive read about it... but it wouldnt make any sense to keep retired persons healtcare for 80 years, i garrantee after someone retires (30 years) so at youngest their 58 or so... plus 80 years = 138... the only reason i suggest maybe those funds will be allocated to current employees... is because i dont feel as though your average worker will live to 138 years of age...