Golfers.

scharmer05

Well, I don't know if there is a big golfing community in here or not, but I am looking for a new set before summer. My hand me down set of Taylor Mades that my dad gave to me when I started back in the late 90s are showing their age. I love those clubs, but I lost my 8 iron last summer and the face on my 5 iron is almost worn away.

I don't golf a ton, so I am kind of shopping on a budget. I want to stick with a well known name brand, and would like to stick to graphite shafts. Other than that I am open for anything. I wouldn't be opposed to a used set if you thought I could find one in good shape somewhere. Especially if it is going to give me more bang for my buck. They aren't going to stay shiny forever. I'm looking to spend about 300-500 all said and done. I have the driver and putter covered, but am looking for 3-PW at least and a 3 wood, along with a 5 wood possibly.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by scharmer05

Have you been fitted for clubs? If you haven't and don't mind knowing going in that you are not likely going to buy new clubs, you can get fitted and find out what type of club you need then look for a set with similar approach angle, length, shaft stiffness (shut up, it's not what some of you are thinking) etc. Ping I know uses a colored dot system that helps people find the right clubs, but most companies will tell you how flat or upright and how long the clubs are. Also, grip size can be important.

Have you been fitted for clubs? If you haven't and don't mind knowing going in that you are not likely going to buy new clubs, you can get fitted and find out what type of club you need then look for a set with similar approach angle, length, shaft stiffness (shut up, it's not what some of you are thinking) etc. Ping I know uses a colored dot system that helps people find the right clubs, but most companies will tell you how flat or upright and how long the clubs are. Also, grip size can be important.

And I should be able to be fitted anywhere that sells clubs for the most part?