Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sixty8panther

Top News Story...

6 posts in this topic

Tercel takes a dump on the hood of the Bimmer. :P

Posted Image

I love photos like this, they make me laugh. I remember seeing one of a Silverado on top of a Civic, that one didn't fare so well.

Hello, bright boys....that's actually a Carina, a much bigger car. Tercels weren't even sold in Europe.

That would depend on which generation Tercel you are talking about. The fact that this sedan is biger then the 3-series should be a big clue this is a Carina though. The L-series Tercel/Corsa/Corolla II were subcompacts originally based on the E8 Corolla/Sprinter, and positioned between the slightly bigger Corolla and the P-series Starlet. While successive E-series models got bigger, the L-series shrank slightly, until it was dumped in favor of new-generation P-series models starting with the Vitz/Echo. The Carina was a sister car to the Corona and Celica, after a long run renamed Allion for the latest generation (the Corona became the Premio). In Europe it was replaced by the larger Avensis. These vehicles are part of Toyota's T-series, along with the Caldina (successor to the Carina and Corona wagons) and the Scion tC. Interesting former variants include the Corona (later Curren) coupes (fixed-headlight versions of the the notchback Celica), and the much sexier, longer, lower Carina ED and Corona EXiV hardtop sedans (also based on the Celica's shorter wheelbase).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room