Plans for the Camaro

NOS2006

I figured I'd tell you all my plans for the Camaro. I'm going all-out with it. Well, as all-out as I can for right now while staying N/A and only tinkering with the engine and rear end.

I'm going to open it up a bit by going from a 3.08:1 final gear ratio and open differential to a 3.73 set and a Zexel-Torsen LSD I JUSTT won off eBay. They should be installed ASAP.

Then, I'm saving my money. Because hopefully early next summer I'm going to cam it and stuff. B)

There will be the following done to compliment the cam: (Sixty8 will like this)
  • Abbott Racing Stage II heads
  • Abbott Racing Port/Polished Intake Manifold
  • Pro Magnum Roller Rocker Arms
  • CompCams GT2 Cam
  • CompCams Hydraulic Roller Lifters
  • SI Valves
  • CompCams 105 lb Valve Springs
  • CompCams Hi-Tech Pushrods
  • ZZPerformance Steel Valve Spring Retainers
  • ZZPerformance 180* drilled thermostat
  • Pacesetter Coated Headers
Then, after I get all that done and another sum of money together, it will be:
  • Texas Speed Tuning
  • Torque Converter
  • Fuel Pump
  • Fuel Injectors
  • Shift Kit
  • Transmission Cooler
Then stuff later. But that's a LONG time from now. :)

You guys like the idea? Or are you saying it's still... just a six?

Wow... I ahve to admit even I was very skeptical of you actually going all out and spending big money to customize/tune/upgrade a V6 Camaro... however this seems like acool combo. When you're done you should be able to get your car into at least one magazine if you take good photos. 95% of the time I would not spend any money upgrading a I6/V6 Camaro but if you're going to do it might as well be one of the best engines of all time. The 3800 kicks ass stock anyway, it really does feel like a Tunned Port 305 from the 80s. LIke I told you before NOS, I almost bought a '02 Camaro once with a 3800. It was a stripped out car... I mean NOTHING for options. Not power windows, or t-tops or even power locks. Base-base base. And I liked that way... weight savings is cool. Besides it was a manual which saves a few more pounds and I prefer. (5-speed not the 6 that comes wiht the Lt1/LS1) Say, that would be the icing on an already really cool cake: 6-speed trans conversion. Anyway cool stuff... send us pics of that rear end swap. Who's doing it for you?

Hey NOS... have you considered (maybe you've already done this) upgrading the suspension? Adding a strutt tower brace and sub-frame connectors, and upgrading the shocks, springs, control arms and panhard bar does wonders for the handling. Anyway... let us know how all that goes...

I've thought about it, but I'm not too far into the game yet. I rather play it out and get stuff done to the engine, then if I feel it's necessary, which I probably will, I'll work out the suspension woes. Yeah, Sixty8, people running similar mods to what I'm about to do are running LT1s and (obviously) Mustangs. I'm not sure about LS1s though...

I met a cop once when I was selling GMC trucks who had a 3/4 ZZ4 crate motor... he used all the ZZ4 guts (pistons, head design etc) and made a 4.3 liter V6 wiht them... the 4.3 is pretty much a (5.7) 350 with two cylinders removed.