Lucerne at Buick.com

zoomtm

Ya... it's a shame I had to see this thread... Because now I am going to bitch... :D Look at photo #3. What is wrong with this picture? Huh? Other than the fact that the Impala looks nicer... There's too much black plastic!!!! It's Buick for christ's sake. It looks horrible and cheap. There should be wood or some sort of metal trim about the radio and HVAC controls. Same goes with the center vents. Splitting the wood ruins the flow of the dash. Otherwise, the interior looks great. Lots a nice touches everywhere...

Ya... it's a shame I had to see this thread... Because now I am going to bitch... :D

Look at photo #3. What is wrong with this picture? Huh? Other than the fact that the Impala looks nicer... There's too much black plastic!!!! It's Buick for christ's sake. It looks horrible and cheap. There should be wood or some sort of metal trim about the radio and HVAC controls. Same goes with the center vents. Splitting the wood ruins the flow of the dash. Otherwise, the interior looks great. Lots a nice touches everywhere...

[post="33734"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i do agree..buick needs to have more wood like the older park avenues did.

Dude...the only black plastic is the radio unit, as per all GM cars.  Fly's right...you really should sit in one first before you make snap judgments.  The dash material surrounding the radio is that spongy black dash material GM uses.

[post="33743"][/post]

Croc, I wasn't talking about material quality. Just black plastic whether its spongy, hard, shiny, soft, or whatever. There's too much of it. Especially when this car has more and looks more expensive, yet is alot cheaper:

Posted Image
Posted Image

There is no excuse for it what-so-ever...

I too agree that, in photos, the Impala appears to be as nice as the Lucerne on the inside. BUT, I recently sat in several versions of the Impala (including the SS) and the interior, in spite of the "wood" trim, screams CHEAP! The plastic on the doors is really poor. Reminds me of the old Pontiac Astre (Vega) that my girl friend had in high school. Really poor. I'm sure the Lucerne will be better in that the LaX is already leaps and bounds better than the Impala. The Lucerne will be more in line with the DTS. The only thing that looks obviously missing to me is wood trim around the window controls . . . . Did anyone else notice that Buick changed the trim around the Lucerne's HVAC controls to match the interior color versus black only? The proto-type from the Chicago show had the tan interior with balck trim. The web-site shows tan with tan trim, gray with gray trim etc. One other thing, it's hard to tell, but is the carpet blue with the blue/shale interior? It looks that way to me . . . .