Wet Sanding

gmfans

You wet sand the new paint after you spray it, not before. Wet-sanding floats the dust away & lubes the paper as you sand any orange peel out of the job. You dry-sand the original hood. I'd offer more if I knew the specific condition of the hood you're starting with, such as : feather-edging, increasingly fine grades of paper, sanding blocks, wax & grease remover, tack rags, etc.

I wouldn't bother with the $21 sanding block/hose- I sense the hose itself would be a constant source of annoyance, refusing to completely uncoil and getting numerous air bubbles in it. You can use a dollar-store spray bottle or a large sponge much easier and much cheaper. A basic block like the link shows, without the hose, is a good ergonomic block to use, however.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings