Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike The Canadian

Oshawa/Whitby a Buick goldmine?

2 posts in this topic

There is this place here in Ontario called Whitby (near Oshawa plants) Well this includes Oshawa too, though not as much. I think this place is a gold mine for buick w-bodys because people know they are built right there. I think this place must have been a gold mine for years. I was very surprised today as I spent a lot of time there, and a trend that I noticed was Older people were driving LeSabres, Regals and some old people in Allures. But the thing that surprised me was that most of the people in Century's weer younger people, and some of the people in Allure's were younger. Now I really think this place has been one of gm's gold mines. Anyone ever been here and see things like that? Why doesnt gm market the car more, and state the fact that we are keeping 100's of Canadian workers employed. I think its great to see younger people driving Buick's over here. Are there any places like this anywhere else? My 0.02

Canada has a long history and association with GM and Buick. Early in automotive history, the McLaughlin was a Canadian auto company who produced early cars in Canada. It's a very interesting story, but in a nutshell, eventually after a meeting of McLaughlin and the head of GM, eventually McLaughlin used Buick engines and platforms for their cars. It is what eventually become GM Canada. So, I think Buick has a deep resonance with people in that area of Ontario because of these ties. Just a theory.

Here is a very early McLaughlin Buick:

Posted Image Edited by HarleyEarl

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0