Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

2009 Geneva Auto Show: 2011 Aston Martin One-77

3 posts in this topic

The super, double throw-down Aston Martin, the 700-plus-horsepower, $2 million One-77, looks good enough with its hand-rolled aluminum body in place. It's better all naked-like though.

Have a look at chassis No. 1 -- the first of the 77 examples that will be built. On full display is the car's carbon-fiber monocoque, racecar-style inboard suspension system and the carbon-slathered, Cosworth-tuned 7.3-liter V12. Have a look, too, at that large milled bridge truss to which the rear suspension is bolted.

Though the chassis looks like strictly a display piece, all gleaming aluminum and glossy black carbon, an Aston representative promises that tomorrow that very chassis will be sent back to the company's headquarters in Gaydon where it will become the first One-77. Sorry, we've already got dibs. -- Daniel Pund, Senior Editor, Detroit

Insideline

astonm-1.jpg

astonm-2.jpg

astonm-9.jpg

astonm-7.jpg

astonm-3.jpg

astonm-5.jpg

I like it a little more now that I can see it other than in those dumb black and white promo pics.

The nose is still the "weak" link, but it looks better with live photos. The rest of the car is hot hot hot though. I like how they showcased the suspension and dirty bits at the show.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0