Going on a little family vacation...

Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be around for the next 3 days as I am taking the family on a mini-vacation to visit our nation's capital - Washington, DC. Two years ago we made this trek during the spring break and enjoyed it so much that we've been wanting to go back since. We took good old Amtrak back in 2007, but this time we'll be driving down in the AURA. Of course the weather isn't suppose to be so great on Tuesday and Wednesday, but we'll make the most of it (our plans include visiting a lot of museums these two days). Should be back late Wednesday and will likely post again on Thursday (I'll need a day to recouperate before heading to NYC on Friday for the Auto Show). Here's to hoping that this is an uneventful week for all, unless it is something good!! Take care :wavey:

Hey GMT,

Hope you had a wonderful time in DC.

I presume you'll post pics from the NY Auto Show? ;)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We can't afford to let one moment pass us by 'cause it's a short piece of time" ... Dierks Bentley ... 'Long Trip Alone'

DC was fun and the entire family (well, my soon-to-be 15 year old stepson was bored 99% of the time!) enjoyed themselves. Out of the three days, we only had to deal with some light rain Monday night during our "Moonlight Tour of DC" and then yesterday it was torrential downpour day :lol: We spent most of our day yesterday inside museums and out of the rain, but walking between the buildings was the fun part. If there's any interest, I'll post some of the pictures I took of our time in DC.

On the way back home last night we decided to stop off I-95 in Maryland to get dinner. According to the GPS, we were in White Marsh, Maryland and found the White Marsh Mall and Town Center. We decided on "Don Pueblos" (mexican), which was in the Town Center. Driving through the Town Center on the way to the restaurant we passed a bunch of stores, incuding one called Ridemakerz, which by the storefront was all about cars (looked like R/C cars from the window). Of course we (okay, I) had to check it out first before eating and the concept is just like "Build-A-Bear", but with cars & trucks instead. $40 bucks later and my little guy walked out with his own customized Dodge Ram pickup (approximately 1/16th scale). My stepson admitted a little while later on the drive home that he wanted to build a 2010 Mustang, to which I replied he could have when I offered him to build one in the store. While no GMCs or Pontiacs were available (GM's only licensed body was of a late model Corvette), I would have gone with the Ford SuperChief concept pickup for myself. There's only 12 of these stores in the country, mainly in the east, but if you're interested here's the link to their website. Oh, and the cars & trucks can be made into R/C versions for a small upgrade fee.

Knightfan, I will definitely post some pictures of the NYIAS after going tomorrow. I should be sleeping getting my rest, but I can't fall asleep (well, by now I'm starting to get tired). Look in the Auto Show thread for that post by the weekend.

Sounds like a great time, GMT.

I like the idea of the R/C car...he he. A friend of mine recently got me interested in those..... As if I needed another hobby to keep me busy ;).

Knightfan, I will definitely post some pictures of the NYIAS after going tomorrow. I should be sleeping getting my rest, but I can't fall asleep (well, by now I'm starting to get tired). Look in the Auto Show thread for that post by the weekend.

SWEET! Look forward to seeing the pics.

Heh ... I, too, should be sleeping ... but I'm wide freekin' awake right now....

*sighs*

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"So tired that I couldn't even sleep" ... Soul Asylum ... 'Runaway Train'