Does anyone know why?...

GM Freak

Does anyone know why the website "GMIsidenews" behaves this way when info is linked from this site? Immediately they remove all threads that have linked info from Cheers&Gears. Not trying to pry, but, what gives? If I'm out of line asking this question just delete this thread and I apologize... But I'm very curious? <_< Edited by GM Freak

C&G also removes links to GMI. Just some immature battle for the title of best GM fansite on the internet. Which, to me, is like being given the title of the most attractive person in Bubmlefuck, WV. Sure its an honor, but who really cares? I say put all of the bickering aside and just let the two sites coexist, both are here to serve the same purpose. No reason to deprive members of possibly valuable information because of something stupid that happened three years ago.

C&G also removes links to GMI.  Just some immature battle for the title of best GM fansite on the internet.  Which, to me, is like being given the title of the most attractive person in Bubmlefuck, WV.  Sure its an honor, but who really cares?  I say put all of the bickering aside and just let the two sites coexist, both are here to serve the same purpose.  No reason to deprive members of possibly valuable information because of something stupid that happened three years ago.

[post="44654"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I kinda figured it was something like this...

I agree it's very childish......from both sides. I've seen it happen a lot on GMI, and it always makes me cringe when the decisionmakers here decide to do the same. There's shouldn't be this competition, and I agree with Satty's point of view on this subject.

The only links we remove from GMI (as of late, at least) are those leading directly to spy shots/sketches/etc that GM isn't exactly kosher with. We do this to avoid possible legal reprocussions if anyone from their legal department catches wind. We've been asked a few times in the past to avoid linking to leaked images and we've abided in an attempt to remain within their good graces. Plus, despite the bankruptcy talk, GM still has slightly more money that we do. That would be the reason.