Does a new Camaro have a Racing Future?

hyperv6

Just read an artical in Speedway Illistrated Dec 05. It had an artical that interviewed many in the NASCAR comunity. One item I found interesting was where they talked to Ford and NASCAR about the future of the BUSH series. I know it does not mean much now but it show others are looking for GM to build a Camaro for their own purpose. Quote "Of the three central NASCAR series The futrure of the Bush Series is the most under discussion, insiders insist. One possible fix: running cars that are completely different from the Cup cars, thus reducing the value of a Cup driver participate in a Saturday Bush race. A Ford executive admits his company would love to see the Mustang replace the Taurus - and next year, the Fusion - in the Busch Series, but recognizes that Chevrolet and Dodge have no direct coupe competitors for the Mustang. Yet, that is: Dodge is contemplating the return of the Challenger, built on a shortened Charger platform, and Chevrolet - frankly stunned at the sales success of the Mustang - has just revived a recently cancelled program that will support a next-generation Camaro. If the Busch Series runs a new and different car, all of its problems could be solved." I would love to see the Trans Am series go back to the original stock based formula and use these cars in their series. If anything this would make The Bush Series much more interesing to the fan and auto companies. Now I just hope they make them look lke the real cars and not what they have now. Take it for what it is worth, I just though it interesting.

Camaro = Trans Am Chevelle - Monte Carlo - Impala = NASCAR

Oh goody! Camaro shaped sheet metal on top of a tube frame running around in circles for 3 hours. :rolleyes: Or are they actually talking about requiring Busch series cars to bear some passing resemblance to their factory namesakes? I'm sure a new Camaro could compete in the Speed World Challenge and other road racing series, especially if GM threw some factory money behind it. Or maybe a Camaro drift car? Afterall, Camaros are well know for smoking the tires.

As I said take it for what it is worth. It was just nice to see a racing series look at using a Camaro and a magazine printing that there is a Camaro program. Like it or not the ratings in Nascar are bigger than any other series in this country. I myself may still watch NASCAR but still long for the pre 1990's when real sheet metal was still used and cars were not so aero. God I miss Dale SR, Cale, Richmond and Pearson!!! I still think a Trans AM series using production cars much like they did from 1969-1970 would be a sweet deal and give the Auto companies a place to show what their real cars can do. How about a 2009 blue and yellow Sunoco Penske Camaro????

Or maybe a Camaro drift car?  Afterall, Camaros are well know for smoking the tires.

[post="45441"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Boooo-YEAH! :metal: